Loneliness

While I was performing at Makuhari Messe in Japan, he was doing the same at Olympic Stadium in Seoul. We were about 1200 km away from each other but I didn't feel lonely at all, I knew that I would be seeing him again soon and that put me at great peace. 

"Hey, baby? How did it go?" I asked as soon as he picked up. 

"Hello, darling. It was great! Such a pity that you couldn't be here or otherwise I would have you as my special guest," he said. 

"You special but secret guest," I corrected him and giggled. 

"That would be great as I would have you all to myself," he said and I could hear his little chuckle. 

We talked until one of us fell asleep - that was probably me as a massage in the morning read: You have fallen asleep, young lady. Is this boyfriend of yours that boring??? I'm kidding, I know that you were just tired and that I'm still hilarious. Good night and I'll see you soon. 

I smiled lazily at his massage and stretched my still asleep extremities. 

"We will get through this just fine. We will be just fine," I thought referring to the period when we won't be able to see each other for long because of our world tours, especially his, because it was even more hectic. 

*

We spent his birthday in New York. He took a flight from Oakland to NYC, so he could see me before I go back to Korea. I was in the United States because I promoted Michael Kors and I was never happier since it was a great time to spend his "late birthday" together. 

"Where did you leave Jisoo unnie?" he asked me, smiling widely. 

"At the hotel, she didn't want to bother us," I repeated Unnie's words and returned him a tight hug. We haven't seen each other for a little more than two weeks now but it felt like I've been away from him for months. 

"Did my girl miss me?" he whispered in my ear which made my heart skip a beat. 

"Very," I said honestly. 

"Good, because I plan to spend a whole day clinging on you, it's all about us today," I smiled at his cheesy words. 

After he left his stuff in the hotel and took a quick shower, we agreed on strolling down the streets of the Big Apple and going whenever the path leads us to. 

We had to be a bit careful so that someone doesn't recognise us, but overall we enjoyed the freedom of holding our hands and munching on each other's food. 

"How are you, baby?" I asked him while we were sitting at one of the vintage cafés. The place was packed but with the enchanting atmosphere and the best coffee I ever had.