⚜Chapter 7⚜

Bloodletting

❇❇❇❇

Pain and suffering can only be battled by the magic of love and support of your loved ones.

❇❇❇❇

"How do you feel now?" Stefan asked Hayley in a tender voice as he wrapped her in a duvet while she sat in front of the fireplace. He sat down beside her, pulling her closer as she snuggled into his chest. 

Rusty sat near them but still far enough that he could run if he needed to. He didn't trust his new housemates and Isabelle wasn't back yet. Stefan had already brought him food as per Isabelle's instructions and Elijah and her were going to bring the rest of his stuff from Joana's place later.

"Can I be honest?" She asked looking in his eyes, he nodded, "well, I'm terrified. My little girl is not even out in the world yet and already she has enemies who want her dead. I'm so terrified of the fact that people will always be out there to hunt her down just like they wanna hunt down the rest of the Mikaelsons. I'm scared for her life, Stefan." She confessed with slight tears in her eyes.

"I understand what you're feeling, Hayls. It's not easy being associated with the life that the Mikaelsons lead, but you should also know that these people would die themselves but not let anyone come near your little girl." 

She sighed, she knew what he was saying was true, but she couldn't put this out of her head so she looked at him with uncertainty shining brightly through her glassy brown eyes, he gave her a tight-lipped smile, "I know Nik doesn't let his guard down in front of anyone so no one really knows this, but he is pretty excited about this kid. And believe it or not, he's scared about the same things that you are and honestly, if you talk to him once, about these things, I think you both will be in a much better state of mind. You're both gonna have to co-parent, you know?" 

Hayley groaned at the last part making him chuckle, he knew she was still adjusting to the idea of discussing diaper changing duties with the big bad hybrid. Rusty watched the two of them with eager eyes, they seem like fine people, although the guy's hairdo is dumb, the tiny puppy thought.

"Come on, you relax while I'll go get you some ice cream." Stefan offered, getting up.

"I actually finished the last of the mint-choco chip we had left." She said sheepishly, "maybe you could get me some more from the supermarket?" She requested giving him her best puppy eyes. And how could he ever resist those?

"Fine." He stated, giving in, "Be safe and don't let anyone in, okay?" She nodded at his instructions. He smiled and gave her a forehead kiss before he picked up his car keys and left. 

She got up and roamed around the house, it was the first time that she was alone in the entire mansion since Rebekah had left a while ago.

 The brunette got to thinking about how she and the blonde Original had come closer under such unlikely circumstances. 

Helping Isabelle and putting up with a moody Niklaus had made a team out of the two women and Hayley was starting to miss Rebekah already. 

Rusty followed her wherever she went, he seemed to like the brunette a little. 

She seems like a nice lady, plus she's pregnant so probably isn't heartless that she would harm me, I think, said the voice in his little brain.