Chapter 14

I wake up from my slumber and take off the headset.
The first stage has ended...

Currently, there are around 800000 players still alive. A larger number than last time because it ended earlier.

I look at the internet, they are all talking about the mysterious player who dominated the first stage...that's me.

Some of them are even suspecting that I cheated but the developers say that there is absolutely no way I can do that unless I am a national pro at hacking, which I'm not.

Hm? Did I receive 51 missed calls? 49 of them are from Aki, the other two are unknown numbers.

I call the unknown number and waited.

"Hello? Uh, who is this?"
"I-Is this Karma? I'm Reina."
"Oh, Reina. How did you even get my number?
"Uh...i sort of asked your friend, Aki."
"Huh? How did you even contact him?"
"Well...we are quite famous now because of you. So...Aki contacted me and I asked him about your number..."

...

"Wait, did you put your phone number in your description?" I ask.
"Eh?...uh, I did?"
...
"Remove. Remove it this instance."
"Ah? Okay then..."

I sigh. This girl...Does she want to be contacted by the whole world? The Competitors may even try to scam you or threaten you if you put any real information about yourself in your description in BOG.

"Let's meet up. I have something to discuss with you and Ika. 12.30 Pm, Outside Tianlong station." I say.
"Okay, we will see you there." Says Reina.

Is it just me or does she sound shy in real life than in-game?
I should not think too much, let's prepare to go first.
-------
I look for a girl with red long and messy hair and blue eyes. I mean...that's Reina's in-game character.
My in-game character doesn't look like my real-life self so I should look for her instead.

"I'm here!" Messages Reina.

I look around. I don't see any girl I recognise.

"Where are you? I don't see you?" I messages.
"Me too. I don't see you anywhere."

Both of us are constantly messaging and walking around, looking for each other, until we collided while not looking in front.

I crash into a black hair, ponytail, and blue eyes girl when looking at my phone.
"Sorry," I say before getting up.
"I-...sorry too."

Wait...this feels familiar.

"Reina?" I say.
"Eh? Karma?"

...

"You look so different," I say.
"You too. Your in-game character has black hair but you have brown hair in real life..."
"Anyway, where's Ika-"
"There she is!" Exclaims Reina.

A small, frail girl who looks like she is 12 or 13 is panting and running towards us.

"I...*huff*...I'm here..." Says Ika.
"...what's your age again?" I ask.
"I'm 17!"

...

"Sure. Anyway, let's find a seat in the cafe nearby. We will talk about the next stage."
----------
"So, have any of you played the game, PUBG?" I ask.

Both of them nods.

"Alright, so..."

Should I tell them that I reincarnated back from the future? No, they wouldn't even believe it. Then I have to come up with an excuse...

"I...predicted that the second stage will be most likely a battle royale. Similar to the first stage but also much easier because our goal is only to survive. However, there's a catch."
"Hm?"
"We...were announced to every player in the first stage. So that means that there is a chance we will attract unnecessary attention. If I tell both of you to run, please listen, understand?"

They nod again.

"...what? Aren't you all being very obedient?" I say.
"Well...i doubt anything can happen to you," says Reina.
"You are...insanely strong." Says Ika.

These girls...ugh.

I sigh and drinks the coffee I ordered.