Chapter 17

We managed to escape the crowd and hid in the alleyway next to the restaurant. The old beggar disappears after the first stage, looks like he was there just to help players get past the first one.

Anyway...i check my inventory and realise something.

"Oh yeah...food can also expire after 3 stages..." I mumble.

What should I do? I still have 10 packets of military rations, 6 Burgers, 9 boxes of pizza, 2 bowls of salad...

Luckily water doesn't expire though. That's a relief.

"Uh, do you girls need any food?"

They shook their head.

Ugh...i should stop scavenging for food for now. I have too much.
"If you need any just ask me, I have so much to spare and they will expire soon so don't scavenge for food anymore."

Anyway, time to prepare for the second stage.
I don't care about Lim Kong. That guy can go kiss his ass, I don't care how much he attempts to threaten me.

I WILL DOMINATE THE SECOND ROUND.

But I need to change my avatar now and use a different nickname, I can't let everyone know I'm Karma.

I tell Ika and Reina about my plan and changed my avatar and input a fake username using an item I bought in the "online" market available in-game.
--------
Fake username:
Change the username of the user for a limited amount of time(5 stages)

Value:$200000
---------
That was very expensive...damn it...

Anyway, my fake username is Kel. Reina's Ri, Ika's Uzumi...

"Uzumi out of all things?" I ask.
"W-Well, I always wanted to call myself that..." Says Ika
"Why?"
"It sounds...cute."

Oh...okay.

No, wait now that I think about it. They didn't realise I was Karma before I show my skills?! Oh yeah, my username is not visible to others cause I disabled that off.
So...i don't need to change my avatar, lucky! Save my money!

But having this fake username can also be insurance because sometimes...when going through certain "checkpoints" and completing certain achievements...there will be a system announcement(a reference to stage 1) and yeah, I don't want unnecessary fame and attention.

I tell the girls to do the same and they nod.
------------
Alright, so I have about $20000 left.

The girls have a total of about $9000.

We go to the auction centre in the lobby and took part in it. I auctioned the weapons Reina and I found but are useless to us. They are in legendary grade so we earned about...

Our eyes widen in surprise as we look at the profit.

"1...0...0...0...how many zeros are there?!?" I mumble.
"...8... There are 8 zeroes!!!" Exclaims Ika.

We earned about $100000000!!!!!!!!
-----
Congratulations, Team "Dark Vengeance.", The profit will be split evenly between the members.
-----
I...

This is approximately $35000000!!!
I didn't know legendary grade weapons worth that much! Who can even afford this!!?

There are several grades for weapons and armour and food, basically everything. The Grimes armour is just at the uncommon grade.

This is the hierarchy:
From weakest-
Common
Uncommon
Rare
Elite
Legendary
Divine

Suddenly, someone bash opens the door of the auction centre proudly, carrying every weapon we found.

Oh, it was Lim Kong who bought our weapons at such a ridiculously high price.

"That guy is silverfish...did he buy all of our weapons?" Asks Ika.
"Yeah...apparently he's the son of the latest popular brand, Lim Kong," I reply.
"Eh?!? That's Lim Kong-"
"Shhh!!! Not so loud?!"

Lim Kong...well we are in-game so I will call him Silverfish

Silverfish heard Ika talking about him and walks to us.

"Wow, look at all these poor peasants." He says.

Dude, you just gave us...35 million each how the hell can we be poor now?

Oh, wait! He doesn't recognise me!? That saves me a whole bunch of trouble.

"You-"

I stop Reina from saying unnecessary stuff and confront him instead.
"Sorry about that, we will take our leave," I say and grab both of the girl's hands, entering the auction centre.

"Why did you do that? You can easily defeat him right?" Says Reina.
"Don't worry. Patience is key...i will soon kill and eliminate that pig." I say.

What they did not hear is the fact that I mumbled: "in real life and online" at the end of the sentence.