Chapter 27(Karma)

Stage 50
10 days before Karma's death
Karma's first playthrough
------------------
"Karma, wake up," says Aki.

Hm?

I get up and see everyone staring at me.

"U-Uh...what's wrong?"

"It's the sixteenth wave." Says Recardo, pointing outside the window.

"God damn it!! Our ammo is running out!! And we still have to deal with this shit!! Don't they get tired of attacking all day!!" Says Leon.

Although Leon is usually hot-tempered, we understand why he is acting like this. Just 3 days into the game and there are already countless waves of monsters attacking our fort.

"It is the last stage though! Cheer up, everyone!" I say.

"Then you go out there and fight them then!!! You are the only one who can fight consistently without ammo!!"

"Huh?! Against them?! M-Myself?"

"Yeah." Says Aki. "Aren't you a grandmaster in swordsmanship? You can do this!"

"But I still have limited stamina..."

"So?" Says Recardo.

...

I try to look for En, she is not here. Oh yeah, she went to collect supplies with group 2.

I gulp at everyone gazes... it's scary...

"Ugh! We have no time to waste!"
Leon grabs my collar and pulls me out.

"W-Wait!!! You can't expect me to defeat-"

"Shut the hell up..." Says Leon, pointing a revolver to my head.

I decided to stay silent.

He then throws me out of the fort and onto the streets.

...True, everyone is stressed, that's why they are acting so aggressive but is it my imagination? When Leon pulls me out, everyone was smiling...

*ROAR!!!!!!!*

!!!

It has begun.

I can hear lots of footsteps.

The crows are dispersing in a hurry...something is coming.
----------------
The 16th wave has started
----------------

A whole crowd of monsters are running towards me. It feels like I'm in a supermarket with a black Friday sale...haha...

This amount of monsters can fill up 20 football stadiums completely...

Some are mutated corpses with 2 heads and 8 arms, holding 8 weapons.

They are the undead and is hard to kill even one alone.

But everyone is counting on me! I have to do it.

I grip my katanas tightly, with two weapons in each hand, I prepare to clash with the oncoming monsters.

...

...

3...

2...

1...

Now!

I dash forward and slice the first monster, then the second followed by the third. Within only a few seconds, I cleared out a portion of the wave.

Those monsters need to be butchered completely to kill them or they will regenerate and fight again. That's why the most effective way is using explosions.