Chapter 55

I accompanied my brother back to the mansion to see some men in suits talking to our family.

"What's going on?" Asks my brother.

They seem shocked to see me and my brother and my father says "We will give you our response tomorrow. Please give us some time to think."

The men nod and left.

My father asked us what happened. I describe what happened and my sister starts to glare at my brother.

My brother, however, showed signs of regret and apologized.

Afterwards, he took a shower and changed before my father tells us what was going on.

"Those men came to our family and asked for 50% of our current assets." Says my father

!!!!

"For?" I ask.
"To fund the strongest martial artist in Japan. California wants to go into war with us Japanese..."

...

"Are we that weak in their eyes?"

Everyone nods, surprised at the fact that I don't know.

"Japanese are known in this world to have the weakest cultivation frame and meridians. We barely have any genius and the strongest Japanese ever cultivated in the entire history is only in the Nirvana stage!" Says my father.

Hm...

"Still...what gives them a reason to invade us now?"

"One of their strongest genius declared to go into war with us. That genius challenged us to choose a cultivator from our country to a 1v1 fight with him. If our cultivator lost, California will attack Japan and take over us... For nobles like us, it might be the end of everything..."

!!

California?... Genius...

"Say..." I speak, breaking the silence. "Is that so-called 'genius' blonde with red eyes and goes by the nickname of "Devilman"?"

"Yes...why?"

It is him?!?!

Heh...

I smirk.

"So that sadistic bastard finally shows himself huh..." I mumble.

"Oh yeah! I heard that Devilman is looking for someone called Karma. I wish that unlucky guy will just show up and confront him..." Says my mother.

Yeah yeah... You bet I will.

That bastard always aims to break and torture strong players; A straight-up sadistic brat. (Reference to the guy at the start of Chapter 34)

"For now, they decided to assign Yumiko. She is a once in a century genius who is in the Dragon stage at such a young age. She's also the heir to ancient martial techniques and arts. Still, I can't help but worry..."

This atmosphere is tense...

"When is the battle going to take place?" My brother asks.

"Roughly the next day after tomorrow. At around noon."

I smirk. That's long enough.

After that, I left for home.
With the money I got from my father, I manage to buy a decent apartment and live there for now.

The next day, I find this girl called "Yumiko".

I went to the internet and searched for her. Turns out, she is a celebrity.