Chapter 37

"My lord! Here it is!!" Says Mino, placing a whole stack of paper on the table.

It has been a few days since I became the lord. Everyone was notified of it and there was no objection.

So firstly I asked for everyone's opinion on what they think our village lack. Though I am not expecting much from NPCs, they should at least be able to judge the situation in front of them.

"Hmmm...?"

Mino is staring at me with a huge smile on her face.

"What is it, you don't need to stand there."
"But aren't a secretary suppose to deal with this paperwork???" Says Mino.
"Huh?"

Oh yeah, I appointed Mino as my secretary since for the last few days she has been...well...taking care of me although I didn't ask for it. She also seemed to become a little...obsessed over me. I hope that doesn't go out of control.

I sigh.

"Alright then, you can help me."

The smile on her face becomes wider as she runs to my side.

To consolidate everything the villagers has written:

The problem lies in agricultural, water, defence, material and quality of equipment...

For agriculture...the crops keep dying whenever it rains for a long period?

Aren't this acid rain?

Oh...uh...shit. What did my professor teach me again? Ah yes!! The ph value of the soil is too high...so we should use some quicklime...right?

For the first time in my life, I wish I have at least studied a bit.

ARGHHH!! WHY DO THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME SO REAL!!!

I would have dropped this game and given it the lowest rating if only there wasn't a grand prize at the end.
-------------
3 hours later
-------------

Ughhh!!! Finally...

After racking my brain for 3 torturing hours, I was finally able to recall all those lectures and was able to come up with solutions for all the problems but...

"We need resources..." I mumble.

I didn't go down this path last time so it will be foreign to me from now on. But I should be able to handle it. I was an adventurer in the past with Aki and we went to kill the Abyss Dragon. That's how I manage to pass this stage.

Oh, wait! I remember flowerbloom being a merchant in this round...

I call her on the team chat since we are still temporarily a team.

"K-Karma?! What is it?"
"Hey, you are a merchant right?"
"Yeah...why?"
"I need some resources, can you trade some with my village?"
"Your village? Which?"
"Hmm...you've heard of the rumours of a village right?"
"Umm...yes? The one which offended the capital at the western continent."
"Yep, that's me."

!!!

"...May I ask, what is your fame now?" Asks Flowerbloom.

"Negative 1 million, why?"

...

"PFFFT HAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, I am going to say no."

...

"Oh? You are going to betray me huh." I say. "Then you better not regret your decision."

"Bullshit, I don't believe you can pass this stage so you are not one I will fear. You still tricked me for that tea, remember!!? Hahaha!!! Now I can finally vent my anger out on you!!"

"Then if I manage to pass this stage, would you do anything I say?" I ask.

"Huh?? Haha!! Sure sure!! I would do anything, even marrying you-"
"Then you better keep your words," I say and hang up.

Heh...good, everything is going as planned. With this, Flowerbloom and her squad are mine and I won't need to trade information with her anymore and I will still be able to find out the locations of those bastards around Aki.

The pieces of information of this game...is rather precious after all.

"Now then...Mino."
"Hm?"
"Tell everyone I'm leaving for the capital."

!!!!!!!!

"My lord!!! What are you planning to do there!!" Exclaims Mino.

"Don't worry, I'm just going to the capital to take part in their tournament. Right now, we need resources so we need money. The only resources we can get are wood and stones from the forest nearby and the cave in there. I cleared out the cave so there shouldn't be any monsters spawning in there anymore. Well, we can probably get some minerals too but I didn't spot any so the chance is quite slim."

"B-But won't they kill you?!"

Mino starts hugging my arm and refusing to let me go.

I sigh.

"Don't worry, they don't plan to just yet. The reason why they are holding a tournament is that they are searching for new talented fighters to join their army. Recently, the conflict between the capital in the west and the capital in the north is harsh. That's why they didn't even place a bounty over my head because they don't have enough gold to spare."

...

"I see...then please be safe." Says Mino, loosening her hug.

I smile and nods.
"I have left a construction plan on my desk over there. It's about building a wall around our village using wood and stones as reinforcement. It might even withstand earthquakes. And...please tell them about this after I left. I'm afraid they will do everything in their power to stop me from going so...you are special." I say and left.

...

"Special..."

Mino grips her chest tightly and smiles.
---------------------
After a few days of travelling, I manage to reach the capital.

Indeed, the capital is different from any ordinary kingdom. It is beautifully decorated. There's even a statue of a mermaid at the river over there.

The capital is surrounded by a dam. Nice location.

I waited patiently in the queue until it's my turn. I don't want to attract attention too much, I'm here for the money.

And of course, the knight stationed at the entrance recognise eme.

"Y-You are that guy who killed squad A!" He exclaims.

Oh wow great, what drama am I going to receive now.

"Impossible...is he here for revenge?"
"I don't think we should trade here for today."
"There might be blood spilling now."

Oi oi oi, what do you think I am?

"I'm just here to participate in the tournament, you don't mind, right?" I ask.

!!!

"Ah!! Hehe yes. Yes. You can participate in it. You may enter." Says the knight with a grin.

Judging by his grin, he must be thinking that I will die in the tournament, killing two birds with one stone.

Well, sorry to disappoint you, I'm not so weak.

I went to register for the tournament and got a bronze plate. It's my entry ticket. Very fantasy-like huh...

As I walk to the waiting area. I recognise a face I hate the most.

!!!!!

I smirk at the sight of her.

I didn't think I did meet an ex-member of
Golden eagle.

Aia Fukumi. This Whore is my ex-girlfriend and the one who used me till the end while cheating on me.

Looks like this tournament...will be an interesting one.