Chapter 65(Start of Stage 5)

------------
Somewhere in Japan.
------------
"Have you found out who this Karma player is?"

"No, he refuses to show himself in real life even after we invited him to several expos and events. We even tried contacting him through a call and we receive nothing on our end."
---------------
"What do you want?" Asks Kozumi.

I meet up with Kozumi in the cafe I always gather with Reina and the rest.

"I want you to work under me to find information," I say. "Of course, I won't ask you to do it for free. We will trade information on the BOG, how about that?"

Kozumi narrows her eyes. "I am pretty sure you already have a way to find information since you already can find my contact number..."

"Well yes. But I can only find things on the internet which may not even be true and altered. That's why I need someone to spy and find information physically."

Kozumi sighs. "Fine. I'm can't reject since I lost the bet right? But I am curious. How are you able to get all this information about BOG? I am pretty sure you can't find those stuff online. I am also very certain that because of your knowledge, you have a very huge upper hand advantage and that's why you were able to achieve first every time."

"That's a trade secret." I simply reply.

People like me can attract Kozumi the most. Because of my secrets to success, she is willing to become friends or acquaintances to get a small piece of that secret.

That has been always how she grows.

But of course, she is not a leech. She lives by the quote of giving and taking.
I have seen it myself too... Even though she is a damn scammer!!

"Karma?"
"!! Yes?"
"Ah, no. You look very angry for a moment." Says Kozumi.

No shit.

"Anyway, here is the information on Stage 6," I say, handing her a file.

"Hm? What about stage 5?"

"Well... There's nothing important about stage 5 really, it's just a team-based game. Something like MOBA merged with battle royale."

"Battle royale?" Asks Kozumi.

"You can't use your owned weapons for stage 5. You will need to play and fight against other players to earn coins and buy weapons. And also unlike a 1v1 MOBA game, It's a 1v1v1v1v1 game. 5 teams will face off against each other. The maximum limit for each team is 200 players. The minimum member for each team is 5." I say.

"200 huh... So you can bring your entire guild in? That's...a bit unfair." Says Kozumi.

"I know. That's why lots of players will be joining guilds and forming alliances once stage 5 starts."

Kozumi places her finger at her chin and nods."I see."

Everything I said just now is true except for one part: The fact that there's nothing important about stage 5.

Stage 5 was one of the most impactful stages throughout BOG. All because of a certain bastard, Jacob.

But of course, telling that to Kozumi will be similar to saying that I have the power to know the future or something which will sound absurd.

"Oh yeah, Karma. My father organised an expo for gaming experts. You should go!" Says Kozumi.

"Hm? Why?"

"Well, to get more recognition and stuff? Aside from the five gaming prodigies, there are also lots of other gaming experts! Maybe we can learn a thing or two from them!" Says Kozumi. Her eyes are shining.