Chapter 48(Start of Stage 4)

------------
A few days ago
------------
Jacob slams his hand on the table.
"WHAT? I'M NOT FIRST? AND THE FIRST POSITION WAS TAKEN BY SOME UNKNOWN JAPANESE PERSON NAMED KARMA?!? THIS IS BULLSHIT!!"

...

"S-Sir...we-"
"WHAT!?"

Jacob is the son of a director in a company, the employees beside him are trying to calm him down.

"C-Calm down! That might be a hacker as there is no way some peasant from nowhere overpowers you. His account might be banned soon." Says one of the employees.

"T-That's right!! That's right...I am the strongest...There is no one stronger and smarter than me in gaming!! Sophie will be mine!" Says Jacob.
-------------
In Australia
-------------
"Oh? Where did this Karma boy come from?" Says Sophie. "Interesting. There's someone even more powerful than Igor, Jacob and Joseph. Let's see if this boy is as idiotic as Jacob...if he is, I WILL MAKE GOOD USE OF HIM. Hehehe..."
---------------
In Canada
---------------
"Karma?! Hehe...here comes another rival." Says Joseph.
---------------
In Russia
---------------
"Nice, another hidden prodigy that finally decides to show himself. Let's see your capability, Karma." Says Igor.
---------------
In India
---------------
Dalbir stares at the BOG ranking. After a few minutes, he finally smirks and places Karma in his "Potential rival" list.
----------------
Back to the present, in Japan
----------------
The next stage is like a wuxia game. Like all the "cultivation to the strongest" games, mangas, and shows out there, players will be transported to a world where the laws of the jungle apply.
The strong trample on the weak.

This time, however, International interactions with players from other countries will be open.

And the fact that there is now only a single server. So basically every single player will be squeezed into one single world.

But, Stage 4's map is 1000 times larger than Stage 3's map; Stage 4's world size is almost equivalent to earth in reality.

So meeting players should still be rare.

God, I wonder how many NPCs are there. Probably over a billion or so.

The only difference in the cliches is that Stage 4 happens in the modern world. So cultivation is like a get-go for modern society and your cultivation and strength determines everything.

And the goal...is to just survive for a year.

Although it does sound easy. It never is, this is BOG.

There will be lots of events in Stage 4 that can or can not affect you. Most of the time, it can.

So just hiding in the countryside or anywhere and waiting it out is not recommended.

And like previous stages, the stage can end easily when the boss is defeated. But the problem is...nobody knows who the "boss" of this stage is.

In my previous life, two of the gaming prodigies tried to figure out who is the boss of the stage, one of them hopes to end the stage early while the other hopes to be first and earn loads of points killing the boss.

But after 8 months of fruitless searching, they gave up and just focus on gaining points and surviving.

Even the renowned gaming prodigies are not able to figure out the boss, I don't have much confidence myself too.

For now, I will just go with the flow.
-------------
Logging in...
-------------
I meet up with the three girls. There are still 2 hours left until the start of the fourth stage.

"..."

En seems like she has something to say but isn't saying anything.

"Did you lose your notebook?" I ask.