Chapter 45

!!

Wait...what am I doing...

"Leave!" I shout. "Before I change my mind."

!!

"Y-Yes I'm sorry!!"

And the man ran away.

...

Shit!

I almost mixed up the virtual world with reality. Damn it.

If I did proceed to beat that man up, I will appear in the news and things will get troublesome.

Unlike in the game, where there is no obvious aftermath.

I look at Aini. She is staring at me. Not in fear but in surprise. "You...are you Karma?"

...

This question, how do I answer.

After all, it's true. The current me...is very different from how I am supposed to be.
-----------
Everything settled down and my shift ended.

When I was about to step out of the store, Aini stopped me. "Want to grab a bite?" She asked

...

"Don't you need to take care of your sister?"

"Ah yes but she is eating at a restaurant with her boyfriend now." Says Aini.

"So you want us to go to that restaurant?"

She nods.

...hmm...I have nothing to do anyways. I can go.

The fourth stage will start 3 days later to let our minds rest. The headset made our minds go through a month worth of time in a single day after all.
------------
"Say Karma...you used to be very bright, sensitive, kind and...a bit cute like a hamster. Right now you just look straight up mature and silent." Says Aini. "What happened?"

...

She asked the one question I don't want to hear. I suppose she still pays the most attention to me in my life...

We are currently on the bus and she's sitting next to me. Despite it being a peak hour, the bus is weirdly empty with only 5 other passengers other than us.

I look at Aini. She is worried.

...

I smile and says "Come on! You are thinking too much. I am trying to be a bit more mature so...yeah..."

Aini hears that and smiles before nodding. Though her eyes say otherwise, she is still worried.

Damn it...

We arrive at the restaurant and Aini passed to the security guard a slip of paper. He nods and a waiter guides us in.

We went over to a table and a woman waves her hand at Aini. Aini waves back.

That's her sister?

!!

Suddenly, Aini drops her plastic bag when she sees a man walking towards that table.

"EIKO!!! YOU ARE STILL DATING THAT BASTARD!?" Aini shouts. Everyone in the restaurant started staring at us.

"Y-You...calm down." Says Eiko, Aini's sister.

"How can I calm down?! He is a gangster and he doesn't love you!! He is using you!!"

"So? I should already consider myself lucky to date the boss of the Yakuza clan. He also gives me a huge sum of allowance, don't you know that?!"