Chapter 38

"Hmm?" Aia noticed my glare and walks towards me. "Do I know you? Why are you staring at me as if we have some sort of grudge?"

Heh. This bitch still speaks like a bitch...

I guess she was only acting nice and being my girlfriend just because I'm a close friend of Aki.

Tch, this bitch really likes to stick to men and rely on them just because she's beautiful...

"No, you are not the one I'm glaring at," I say.
"Oh...i see." And she just left like that.

Meanwhile, I should grab something to eat. The tournament starts at noon.
--------------
--------------
Current quest:

Win the tournament.

Rewards: 50000 gold coins.

This quest will aid the user in this stage.
----------------
"Welcome everyone!!! To the first official tournament held by the capital!!!!"

I can hear the announcement even from here. They prepared a huge arena and I am currently in the waiting room.

The crowd is no joke too. It's like an endless sea of humans. They are using magic to broadcast it to those who are not in the spectating in the arena too.

Good, my fame will drastically increase here, I will get the prize money AND I WILL TAKE MY REVENGE!!

Haha, three birds with one stone this time.

"The first section of the tournament is a team-based round!!"

I see... it's already obvious that this is suspicious from the get-go. They are trying to find a good fighter to join their army...or join the war. That's why this feels like an entrance exam for some sort of fighting academy

They first want to test our teamwork huh...true, teamwork is a must in wars.

"All contestants should have a number behind their plate so please check it out and gather accordingly!! Firstly, pair 16 and pair 84!!! Please come out!!!!"

Pair 16? Shit, that's me...wow I'm first huh. Who's my partner?

As I step into the arena, someone taps on my shoulder.

?

"Karma?"

!!!

It's Reina!!! She's in the western continent as well!?

So she's my partner...

"I didn't realise you were taking part in this tournament too!!" I say.

"Well, I wanted fame so... Did you get the same idea as well?"

For now, I will go with a nod.

Our opponents also step onto the arena.
One of them wields a huge shield and is wearing full armour with a war hammer. A tank. The other is an archer.

Although I can take them down instantly, I do want to see how much Reina has grown.

"Reina, I will distract the tank, you go and kill...no, defeat that archer."

"Understood!" She shouts.

Woah, this girl is hyped. Reminds me of when I first joined BOG.

"Ready!!! Fight!!!" Shouts the announcer.

I dash forward immediately towards the tank and he used a taunting skill towards me. It didn't work since I have a high defence but I pretended to be affected and charged at him more fiercely.