Chapter 6

Niall and I kept talking and talking for another 3 hours, it was now time to say goodbye because  it was time for him to go to soundcheck and time for me to go have lunch with my friends. We talked about literally everything, about his concert tonight, his tour, my plans for the day, a lot of things. All of the time that we were face timing I couldn't stop admiring just how gorgeous he was. And when he was talking about his music and the tour I could see how his deep blue eyes lightened up, so he really did love what he was doing. He even sang me my favorite song from the new album, Black and White. Not because I asked him or anything, I mean, I kind of did, but he told me that he wanted to practice as well. I tried to calm him down because he kept saying how nervous he was, even though he had already gone on tour alone before, he admitted that the first show of the tour or after a break always makes him nervous. I kept telling him that everything was going to be okay, I told him jokes, and even asked him to watch Friends with me (we were both playing it on our computers and then commenting on it through face time) to get him to destress and relax. 

"Thank you for helping me relax Soph, it was so nice of you." He'd called me Soph several times throughout our call, so it was pretty much established that that was his new nickname for me. I found it so cute, so I couldn't complain. 

"No problem at all Niall, glad I could help." I smiled at him through my phone.

"You know, you could call me Nialler, all of my friends and family do." He cheekily stated.

"Oh so am I considered a friend? Or family? Nialler" I asked playfully using the nickname he told me to use.

"You don't have to mock me and make fun of me. If you don't like the nickname you don't have to use it." He answered kind of sad. "And of course I consider you a friend. Do you not consider me as one?" He continued, lowering his gaze.

"I wasn't mocking you, I swear. I really like the nickname, it has a nice ring to it. I heard that the people closest to you call you that, I was just waiting for permission to do so myself. Of course I consider you a friend as well. And don't think I didn't notice you gave me a nickname as well, and fyi I like it, thank you." I guiltily spoked, I didn't want to make him feel sad. The second the words left my mouth I saw a big smile form in his face, no more frowning, he was happy again. 

"Glad you liked your nickname and okay, I believe you. Thank you for everything Soph. I'll talk to you later, Preston's calling me to tell me that it's time to leave for the venue."

"No problem at all, talk to you later. Hope everything goes well in soundcheck and that you have an amazing show!."

"Thank you so much, and can I call you before the show? So you can calm me down."

"Of course, you know I'm always here for you."

"Thank you so much!"

"No problem, bye Nialler."

"Bye Soph." And with that he hung up. 

I finished getting ready to go have lunch with my friends. I was still debating on wether I should tell them that I'm talking to Niall or not. I didn't want to jinx it. I thought that it was best if I didn't tell them for now. I mean, we had only been talking for a week and it's not like he had suddenly declared his love for me or anything. It was best to keep it a secret for now. 

At exactly 2:30 I pulled up to my favorite sushi place where I was going to meet my friends. Now that I was no longer in college, I took every opportunity I could to see my friends, we don't see each other very often because of the conflicting work schedules (theirs, not mine). As soon as I walked in I saw my best friend, Victoria and I ran to hug her. She's my best friend because she's the one that has a similar personality to mine, we're both always on time, very organized, we both get good grades and are very chilled persons. I hadn't seen her in a week, which for us was a very long time. Victoria is a petite, thin, small person in general and that just makes me love her even more. I stopped hugging my brunette haired friend and sat next to her in the table she had chosen. I felt really bad for hiding my new 'friendship', if you could call it that with Niall, because she's a fan too. She's one of the friends who went with me to the One Direction concert back in 2012, so I felt awful. But of course I was still going to tell her about my live session, I mean, of course we had already talked about it on the phone for days, but we still needed to talk about it in person. It's a girls thing, everyone does it. We spoke about the subject for 15 minutes, until my other two friends, Isabella and Emma arrived, those two were never on time.