Chapter 21

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

The dreaded day was finally here, I had to return home today. I don't know how Niall and I are going to work things out. I've never been in a long distance relationship. I tried once with one of my previous ex boyfriends, when he went to study abroad. Our 'long distance' relationship lasted a week, 2 years of being together washed down the drain. I was so scared that it was going to be the same thing with Niall, after all, we had only been together for a week and a half and he was a famous celebrity who could have any girl swooning at his feet whenever he wanted.

"So, I've got to leave for the airport in an hour." I told Niall as I finished packing my stuff. Niall was supposed to help me, but of course he just sat there staring at me as I did all the packing.

"I don't want you to leave." Niall stated. And obviously I didn't want to leave either. I was having such a great time here with him.

"Me neither." I swallowed back my tears. Just the thought of being away from Niall again for god knows how long was making me sad.

"I can't stay away from you for that long. Maybe you could come visit me on tour next month? I'm going to be in Texas." You could hear the sadness in his voice as well.

"I think that could work out actually. Victoria's boyfriend lives in Houston and she goes to visit him all the time." I responded a bit excitedly. Thinking about the next time I'll be able to see him lifts my hopes up. I could easily tag along with Victoria on her next trip, her parents never let her go alone so she always has to take one of us, and most of the times its me, since we're best friends.

"Really? That would be great!" Niall exclaimed, smiling sincerely for the first time that day.

"Yeah! But the hard part will be making an excuse to go and see you, since she doesn't know about us yet." I explained to him.

"Why don't you just tell her? Isn't she your best friend?" Niall asked me in a confused tone.

"I don't know. I guess I just like us keeping it a secret with just a few people knowing about this, it makes it more fun." I told him. "Besides, she's a fan and I know how she is, she'll start asking for free stuff and tickets and special favors. Don't get me wrong, I love her and everything, but we're very different in that department, polar opposites. She isn't shy to ask for things and trust me, once she knows, she will ask for things."

"I understand, but still, if you want to fill her in, it doesn't bother me, as long as we get to see each other."

"Yeah, I'll think about it." I responded, even thought I already knew that telling her now was not an option. I just had to find a believable lie to tell her, which wouldn't be a problem at all. Turns out, I was a great liar.

"And we'll obviously see each other in August for your birthday." Niall stated. "Maybe we could work something out so that we could see each other at least once a month? Because I can't be away from you for so long."

"Me neither, I've had such a great time here. I don't want to leave you."

"I know baby. Come 'ere." He ordered me in a sweet voice as he opened his arms to embrace me. I held onto him tightly, trying to remember every little detail, how me smelled, the feeling of his lips against mine, the softness of his hair, everything. Pretty soon we were caught in a makeout session again, this time even more heated than the other ones. It seemed as if we couldn't get enough of each other, repeatedly crashing our lips together and our hands traveling all through each others' body, as if trying to store in our memories every inch of ourselves.

After a steamy hour long makeout session, because of course I wouldn't let it go any further, even if it was Niall Horan himself, it was finally time for me to leave. Niall had requested an Uber for me, and it was really sad that he couldn't come with me to the airport or he would definitely get mobbed. I wanted to be able to spend every possible second with him, but there's some sacrifices that need to be made when you're dating a handsome celebrity like him.

"Bye babe. I'll miss you a lot." Niall uttered as we were hugging goodbye, for real this time.

"I'll miss you so much." I voiced, choking up mid sentence and a tear streaming down my eye. Niall being Niall, quickly brushed it from my face. Could he be any cuter?

"Please don't cry baby. I can't see you crying, it hurts so much." He sweetly whispered in my ear. I was going to miss this so much.

"I know, I'm trying my best not to."

"I promise I'll call you and text you everyday, no matter how busy I am, I'll always make time for my girl." Okay, he was definitely boyfriend goals, how had I gotten this lucky?

"Thank you baby. And face time as well, don't forget. I want to be able to see your gorgeous face. Even if it's through a phone, it's better than nothing."

"Of course Soph, I want to be able to see your adorable face too." He placed a tender kiss on the tip of my nose. We heard a honk outside, which indicated my Uber was here. Shit. I hated this. We kissed one las time before opening the door, the kiss lasting a little longer, neither one of us wanting to break it. Wishing that we could stay frozen in this moment forever.

"Bye love. Have a safe flight." Niall whispered in my ear as we embraced a final time.

"Will do baby. Bye." I told him, staring at his gorgeous deep blue eyes one last time before opening the door to the car and getting in. I waved goodbye to Niall as the car started moving, wanting to see him for as long as I could, as the tears kept rolling down my face. God I liked him so much. On second thought, one might even say that I love him, I had never felt this way about someone, nor had I ever been this devastated for leaving someone behind. Not even my ex boyfriend Tomas from 2 years ago, the one who went to study abroad. I don't know how I'll manage to stay away from Niall for such a long period of time. The only thing that kept me from falling apart right now was the flicker of hope that maybe I would get to see him in a month when he was in Texas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! How are you enjoying the story so far? They had to say goodbye already. FYI, drama coming up ahead, long distance relationships are hard. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts!