Chapter 64

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

"We're here." Niall spoke in his usual cheerful tone. I was kind of nervous to meet his parents to be honest, and I had been able to control my nervousness quite well until those words left his mouth. Suddenly I forgot how to walk, talk and even breathe. "Soph..." Niall continued as he waved his hand in front of my face, waking me up from my trance.

"Oh..yeah...yeah...let's go." I replied, still trying to keep my nervousness in check as I got out of the car.

"You sure you're okay?" Niall inquired as he eyed me.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous." He took my hand in his, and that helped me calm down a bit. His mere touch helping me in ways that words couldn't. We made our way towards the front door and before Niall could even ring the doorbell the door flung open.

"My baby!" Maura, Niall's mom shrieked as she threw herself at him to hug him. It was an adorable scene if I'm being honest. 

"Hi mom." Niall's cheeks were flushed, he was embarrassed and I was living for it. When they finally broke from the embrace, his mom turned towards me.

"Sofia, so nice to finally meet you." She spoke as she hugged me too. And I didn't expect her tu hug me, so she startled me a bit at first, before I returned the hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you too." 

"Come on inside." She ushered us as we followed her in. "Chris." She hollered. "They're here!" And seconds later we heard footsteps descending from the stairs before Chris came into view.

"Hello!" He cheerfully spoke as he came to say hi to us, not as effusively as Maura, I must add.

"Your dad will be over soon." Maura explained. Apparently Niall's parents were amicable and were able to spend time with each other, which was great for Niall.

"Can't wait to see him. And Greg? Is he bringing Theo?" 

"Greg can't make it tonight. But he promised he'd pick up Theo tomorrow from Denisse's place and bring him in the afternoon.

"Good, it's been ages since I've seen Theo." Niall smiled.

"I know. So Sofia, Niall here can't stop gushing about you. He mentions you every time we're on the phone, he's totally smitten by you." Maura stated while Niall was shooting daggers out of his eyes, urging his mom to shut up.

"Aw that's so sweet. And in all fairness I'm totally smitten by him too. He's amazing." I smiled and felt Niall put his arm around me.

"So, tell us a bit about yourself." Niall's mom continued and I started getting nervous. I didn't like being the center of attention, specially not around parents.

"Um...well...I'm from Mexico." I started speaking, the nervousness evident in my voice. 

"Yeah, from Monterrey. I had never been to Monterrey before, and it's a great city. It was one of the cities in Mexico in which I played." Niall came to my rescue, he must've notices that my voice started trembling.

"Oh that's great!" His mom chimed in. "You don't have an accent." 

"Yeah, everyone says that." I laughed, battling my nerves. "And yes, Monterrey is a great city, although it gets quite boring sometimes, since it's an industrial city, but it's still a nice place to live."

"We've never been there. We'll have to visit soon." Chris spoke.

"Sure, that'd be lovely." I replied and in that exact second, Niall's stomach started grumbling. And thank god it did, because I was starving too.

"Someone's hungry." Chris teased him.

"Oh when is he not?" Maura voiced, making us all crack up. "But don't worry. Lunch is in the oven, it should be ready in 5 minutes. I'll go check on it." She spoke before getting up from her seat. My parents taught me that it's rude to not offer to help when you're in someone else's house so I stood up from my seat as well and followed her to the kitchen.

"Do you need any help with anything?" I asked, in a quiet voice, my shyness evident.

"Oh thanks sweetie, that's so nice of you." She turned to me and was genuinely surprised that I had offered to help. "Maybe you could set the table?" She offered.

"Sure." I spoke.

"The cutlery is in that drawer over there and the place mats are in this cabinet." She pointed before opening the oven. The smell that swarmed the kitchen was delicious, I couldn't help but ask.

"It smells great, what is it?"

"Oh, it's chicken stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in parma ham. One of Niall's favorites."

"Sounds delicious."

"It is. And I've also made some homemade mash with gravy as a side."

"Can't wait to try it." I spoke as I  opened the cabinet and took out the placemats before I started setting the table. When I was finished I made my way back to the kitchen and then I heard the bell ring.

"Oh that must be Bobby!" Maura exclaimed. "Niall could you get that? It's your dad!" She hollered.

"Sure mum!" Niall hollered back.

I was unsure of what to do, I didn't know if i should head over to the living room to meet Niall's dad or if I should stay with his mom in the kitchen. I guess his mom realized that, because she suddenly told me

"Go ahead sweetie. Thanks for helping me, I'll take the food to the table. You go meet Bobby." She smiled at me, a sincere and honest smile.

"No problem!" I smiled too before I went to the living room where Bobby and Niall were breaking up from their embrace.

"Soph come." Niall called as I approached him. "Dad, this is Sofia, my girlfriend."

"Glad to finally meet you." He spoke before hugging me. So they were all huggers, noted.

"So nice to meet you too!" I told him.

"Food's ready!" We heard Maura holler from the dining table and all three men hurried over, acting as if they hadn't been fed in ages. And I can't speak for Bobby and Chris, but Niall ate a pretty big breakfast this morning and a lot of snacks during the flight too.

"You made my favorite!" Niall exclaimed as soon as he saw what we were having.

"Of course baby!" His mom smiled at him. 

The food was absolutely delicious, the best homemade meal I've ever had. I'll make sure not to tell my mom that though. Maura, Bobby and Chris were very nice to me and I was grateful for that. They included me in their conversations and made me feel like I was part of the family from the moment I got there. My nervousness vanished as soon as we sat down to eat and I was able to enjoy a very pleasant afternoon with them. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you so much for all the love you're giving my story! It means a lot to me. Just wanted to let you all know that I plan on finishing this story soon, I'm thinking around 10 more chapters! Then I'll continue writing my Harry fanfic and a sequel for Small Talk too! For all the new readers, I update daily! How are you enjoying the story so far? If you have any suggestion about something you'd like me to include be sure to leave it in the comments! I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr