Chapter 23

*Nialls's P.O.V.*

"I know you do, and honestly I don't care. Go be with him or not, I don't give a fuck. You and I are over." And as soon as the words left my mouth I knew I'd fucked up and in that exact second Sofia hung up. I was just really mad at her for hiding the fact that she was texting Harry. I know it's not her fault and she doesn't even know the whole story, but I just wasn't thinking clearly. I was really mad at her, but of course I didn't want to break up with her, I loved her, even if I hadn't told her yet. I kept trying to calm myself down before even attempting to call her, but I couldn't. I just kept on thinking about how every girl has always chosen Harry over me when given the chance. I was so angry and frustrated, I couldn't stop the tears from coming. My phone started ringing in my hand, my vision was so blurry because of all the tears that I couldn't even see who was calling me. I honestly thought that it was Soph and relief washed over me, I answered in a heartbeat.

"Niall." I heard Harry's distinctive deep voice speak. So it wasn't Sofia, shit, shit, shit. I shouldn't have answered, he was going to hear me crying. I cleared my throat before speaking, trying to hide the state I was in.

"Harry." I replied in an icy tone, I was mad at him for talking to my girl.

"Why did you break up with Sofia?" So she had told him? How dare she?

"What the fuck? She told you?" I screamed into the phone, rage overpowering me.

"Yes Niall, and don't you dare scream at me. Do you honestly think I would try to steal your girl? Do you think that low of me? Am I that shitty?" He sounded so hurt, and that's what got to me.

"Every girl has always been head over heels for you. They have all chosen you over me." Tears started coming once again, and this time I didn't even bother hiding the fact that I was crying.

"Well then those girls didn't deserve you Niall. And just so we're clear, I never led any of them on nor did I ever do anything with any of those girls. If they didn't see how great of a person you are they didn't deserve my attention at all. I ditched all of them."

"Really?" I asked incredulous. I always thought that Harry had gotten on with those girls.

"Of course, you're my brother."

"I'm sorry for losing my temper. I don't know what took over me. I know you'd never do that."

"It's okay mate. But I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

"I know, I really fucked things up with Soph. Do you think she'll forgive me?"

"I really don't know. You can tell she was hurting a lot from her texts. I kept telling her that you are great together, and that you like her a lot."

"Thanks Harry, that means a lot to me. Again, I'm sorry for getting all worked up. I know you guys are just friends."

"No problem, and of course, I'd never try anything with her, don't worry."

"Thank you. But now, I need your help, since you're the closest to her from all the boys. I honestly have no clue of what to do so that she'll forgive me and take me back."

"Show her that you only have eyes for her. She told me that you were never going to last because you're always surrounded by models and gorgeous girls and that you would eventually leave her for one of them."

"Really? She never seemed insecure about that." And I meant it, she was always so confident. Never in a million years would I have expected her to be insecure about that, I mean, has she seen herself in a mirror? She's way prettier than any model or celebrity I have ever met.

"Yes mate. I told her that she should get back together with you and she told me that she wasn't sure. So I told her to sleep on it. But she really likes you, she told me that after you broke up with her, so it shows just how much she does."

"Shit. I'm so into her as well, I think I love her to be honest. And now I've fucked everything up because of my jealousy."

"You love her? That's huge! You should tell her."

"I know, I know. I was just waiting for the perfect time. I was going to tell her when she came to visit me in Texas. Fuck, do you think she'll still come?"

"I'm sure she will. You have to apologize to her. But not today, give her some time and space to cool down as well. Try calling her tomorrow, I'm sure you can both talk it over when you're both more relaxed and calmed down."

"Thank Harry, and again, I'm sorry for thinking those things about you. And thank you for being there for Soph when I couldn't, it means a lot to me that she has someone to talk to."

"No problem Niall, I'll always be here for the both of you. And whatever you need, don't hesitate on calling."

"Thanks, bye."

"Bye."

How was I going to sleep when I didn't even know if the love of my life was going to forgive me? This was going to be on hell of a night.

~The following day ~

I barely slept at all last night, I kept tossing and turning, thinking about Soph. I just couldn't lose her. I don't even know at what time I fell asleep, but the last time I checked the clock it was 5:37 am and it's now 9. Guess I'll have to work on less than 4 hours of sleep. I thought about calling her, but it was still way too early, Monterrey was one hour behind and she usually wakes up between 9 and 10 am. I didn't want to call her first thing in the morning, because she isn't a morning person either, so I decided to wait 'till after lunch, when she'll be more willing to talk. Those hours were the slowest hours of my whole life, I swear. I was going to call her right before soundcheck, but I just couldn't wait any longer and decided to call her at 3:30. The phone rang and rang but there was no answer, so I tried calling her again, and again. Still, no answer. I called her 5 times, and she still wouldn't answer. Shit. I decided to text her.

N: I'm really sorry babe. can we please talk?

N: Please, I know I fucked up.

N: Soph, I didn't mean any of the things I said last night.

I could see that she was getting the texts, but she wasn't answering those either. I kept checking and checking, until Preston finally called me and told me it was time to go to soundcheck. Maybe she's busy and she'll answer me while I'm in soundcheck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! How are you enjoying the story so far? Harry's such a good person, both in the story and in real life. So in his honor, Treat People With Kindness.  I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr