Chapter 34

~July 22 ~

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

It's been exactly one week since I got back from Houston. Niall and I have been texting everyday and facetiming every other day, even though he has concerts, he always makes the time to talk to me. And that's why I love him, he shows me everyday how much he cares about me. Today Vic and I are going to a 10 year anniversary party for the boys thrown by the official fan club in my city. And later tonight I'm uploading the video they filmed a while back announcing their tour. Niall told me that I could upload it at 12:00 am UK time, and they would be uploading it at 12:00 am EST time, for the US. I asked him if it was okay that I was sharing the news earlier and he told me they had all spoken to management and they gave them the okay. They all agreed that the news being shared by a fan first would create more impact.

"So what are you gonna wear?" Vic asked me as she laid on my bed scrolling through twitter.

"I'm thinking my printed skort and a black crop top with sandals."

"That would be perfect." She continued.

"So, I have something to tell you, but you can't tell anyone yet." I told her. I decided that I was going to give her the news about the boys' reunion first. Well, technically she wasn't the first one, I had already told Valentina, my sister a while back. I made her promise me she wouldn't tell anyone and she had kept her word!

"Uuh, yeah. Spill, spill." Vic sat up straight, she loved gossip and being informed about things before anyone else.

"I want to show you something. It's for the boys' anniversary. I'm supposed to upload the video at 6 pm, our time, which would be 12 a.m. in the UK. But I want you to be one of the first people to know the news."

"Oh my god. It's for the anniversary right? You already know what they're planning?" She shrieked as I nodded. "Show me, show me." She practically screamed as she yanked my phone away from me. I sat next to her in my bed and she pressed play on the video. I had already edited it and sent it to the boys, so that we could all upload the same version. After we were done watching it I turned back to her and she was in shock.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I saw her just staring into the wall with her mouth open. "Hello, earth to Vic." I waved my palm in front of her face.

"Holy shit, holy shit." She suddenly started screaming. "They're getting back together, they're getting back together. I can't believe it!" She continued jumping up and down in the bed.

"I know, I know. I've been dying to tell you! I was so happy when I found out! It's great that you finally know so that we can fangirl together!" I responded in an equally loud voice.

"I'm shocked. I can't believe they're getting back together after 5 years of hiatus. This isn't a dream right?" She asked with a serious face.

"No, it's not!" I laughed. "It's real and they promised me they'd come here to Monterrey!"

"Oh my god! That's even better!"

"I know, I know."

"Well then, get ready already. We have to leave in 45 minutes, party starts at 5:30! We're going to party like there's no tomorrow. The news just made my day a million times better!" The party was this early because it was Wednesday and most people had to work the following day.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go get ready." I sprinted from the bed and headed to get changed.

45 minutes later we were already on the road. I had to get there early to speak to the hosts. We had spoken on the phone several times before. Since I told them I had a surprise, a video that I wanted to show at the party.