Chapter 65

*Niall's P.O.V.*

"Baby, why don't you call your publicist now?" Sofia asked from the bathroom as she got ready. I was dreading to make the phone call, since I knew Simon wouldn't like the idea of us waiting 2 more weeks to go public, he wanted us to go public sooner. Still, I knew I had to call him, and it was better to do it now than later, because knowing me, I won't call him.

"Sure, let me call him now before I forget."  I started scrolling through my contacts to find his number and called him as soon as I found it. 

"Niall, how are you?" Simon answered.

"Good, good. You?"

"Me too. So, have you got any news?"

"Yeah, Soph and I are going public, but we want to wait a bit more. About 2 weeks, we plan on doing it on the 15th."

"Okay, okay. I thought you'd announce it sooner." I knew he was going to say that.

"We wanted to wait 'till the 15 since I asked her to be my girlfriend the 15th, and you know how women are with important dates." That last bit I told it in a hushed voice, I didn't want Sofia to hear and get mad at me.

"I know, I know." Simon laughed. "I get it."

"Yeah."

"Then I'll release the statement I've been working on."

"Great, thank you! What does the statement say?"

"That you were talking to a woman at the party, not arguing, but the angle from which the video was taken made it seem as if you were fighting."

"Perfect."

"And then when you do announce to everyone that you're dating, if the media is still talking about the subject, you can clarify that it was your girlfriend you were talking to and that you weren't fighting."

"Sure, I'll tell everyone we were having a passionate conversation about golf, that should do it." I spoke, making Simon crack up.

"It's not a bad idea." He stated after he stopped laughing.

"I know. So you'll release the statement right?"

"Yeah, I'll send it out as soon as we hang up."

Thanks Simon. Talk to you later."

"Bye Niall."

"Bye."

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

"Baby, why don't you call your publicist now?" I asked Niall as we got ready to go out. His friends were meeting at a pub and they had invited us to come, of course Niall said yes in a heartbeat. 

"Sure, let me call him now before I forget." He responded from the bed. I could hear him talking while I continued to get dressed. I had settled on a tight fitting gray skirt with a turtle neck black sweater and a leather jacket. I paired that with over the knee high heeled boots, so that my legs wouldn't freeze and a black clutch.

"So, what did he say?" I spoke as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Wow, you look amazing." Was the first thing that came out of Niall's mouth.

"Thank you Nialler." I smiled as my cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

"And he told me that it was okay. That he'd release a statement, saying that it wasn't an argument and that I was just talking to someone at the party, and the angle made it seem as if we were arguing, but we weren't. I just hope the media buys it."