Chapter 28

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

I used my other hand to lightly knock on the door before opening it. I heard Niall speak

"Come in." So I opened the door, and there he was, standing in the middle of the room, clearly nervous as well.

"Hi." I shyly spoke as I entered the room and before I could say anything else he ran towards me and embraced me.

It felt so good, I had already forgotten how it felt to be in his arms. I don't know what overcame me, but I couldn't stop the tears from coming. I had mixed feelings, I was so happy to see Niall again, but I was also sad and confused because I didn't know where we stood. The tears kept spilling down my face and I felt the muscles of my chin tremble like a small child. I felt Niall hold me even stronger before I felt his shoulders heave over and over again, and that's when I realized, he was crying too. We both lifted our heads and looked at each other, I could see the tears streaming from his deep blue eyes, while I was sobbing myself, neither of us looking away. Everything was so quiet around us , so my noisy sobs echoed through the empty room. I slowly lifted my hand and started brushing his tears away, while he did the same with me.

"Please for..forgive..me." Niall uttered, his voice breaking several times due to the tears and emotion that overwhelmed him as well.

"I do forgive you Nialler." I told him between sobs. I was trying to calm myself, but it was really hard.

"So will you be my girlfriend again?" He asked, moving his hands to my waist while staring into my eyes. I must have looked like a mess, but Niall stared at me with utter adoration, as if I were the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. And I loved that.

"Of course baby." I replied and as soon as the words left my mouth, he leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. We pulled apart and took several shaky, shallow breaths. Unable to contain ourselves any longer, he held my head in his hands and pulled me into a fiery and passionate kiss. The kiss was comforting in ways that words would never be, and that was all I needed. I ran my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between us and I could hear the beat of his heart against my chest.

We soon made our way to the couch, our lips never parting. He sat down and I was on top of him, straddling him as we continued kissing. God, I had missed the feeling of his lips on mine and the warmth of his body as he held me close to him. I wanted to stay in this moment forever.

"Thank you." I told him in between kisses.

"For what?" He asked before his lips trailed down my neck, planting small kisses all along.

"For doing all of this, all the trouble you went through to get me to be here. Thank you for showing me that you do care about me."

"Of course babe, you know I'd do anything for you. And again, I'm really sorry, I don't know what took over me, I should have never yelled at you and much less break up with you for speaking to Harry. You did nothing wrong, it was just my jealousy and my insecurity."

"It's okay, I forgive you. And I just want you to know that I never saw Harry as anything more than a friend. And I'll let you in on a little secret." I spoke as I motioned for him to come closer before whispering in his ear. "You were always my favorite since the beginning." And with that he broke into a huge smile.

"Thank you petal." He told me before kissing me again. I don't know for how long we were kissing, but I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. Shit, Vic!

"Wait baby." I told Niall as I got off from him and sat right besides him in the couch, pulling out my phone in the process. I was met with several texts from Vic