Chapter 36: Goodbye

Taehyungs pov

I was shocked and slightly scared when I woke up to bright hospital lights.

"Good you're awake," I tilted my head and looked at him confused.

"What happened?"

"Jungkook kicked your ass, that's what happened." Chanyeol laughed slapping his thigh and going back to texting someone.

"Why?" Chanyeol put his phone down and scoffed, raising an eyebrow.

"Did you expect him to come with opened arms? Jungkook has been through a lot these past two years. He is one of the most hardworking kids I will probably ever know. He has been in here a lot because he would overexert himself. All the missions he has been on," Chanyeol sighed but then glared at me, "was because of you but he has gotten better so if he does forgive you. Don't leave him or I'm killing your ass." He smiled and then walked out of the room.

I closed my eyes and thought of when and how we caught my dad, IN FUCKING ALASKA.

My friends from A.C.E were the ones who actually caught him but their leader Jun helped bring Mr. Kim and Yuna get back to Korea so we could take him off their hands.

My sister is now safe with my mom and my dad well let me just say he is in a very hot place with other bad people.

I was too focused on my thoughts that I didn't see Jungkook entering.

"Hi," I wiped towards the voice and my eyes widened.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled and looked down.

"Yeah you should be but I am sorry for knocking you out and breaking a rib," Jungkook chuckled, and then I felt something on my lap.

I looked up and saw Yeontan. "You kept him?" I looked at Jungkook who was smiling.

"Of course, he's my baby." He said petting the dog who was going crazy on licking my face and hands.

"Other than the dog I think we need to have a serious talk about our relationship but I would like to do it alone. With no cameras or people who can walk in at any time." Jungkook nodded. "I'm pretty sure you can get up and walk around, so let's go," I said and Jungkook put his hand out for me to take.

"Thank you," I smiled as I carefully stood up, ignoring the pain as we walked out to see the doctor at the end of the hall.

"Um no, back in bed Tae." I shook my head at Chanyeol.

"Don't worry Mr. I will have him back before 10." Jungkook teased and helped me walk by.

"Taehyung if the rib goes into your lungs, don't call me I warned you," he sassed and stomped away.

"Did you... uh, get your dad?" Jungkook suddenly asked.

"Um yeah, Mr. Kim is now dead and my sister is a little scared of grown men but she is doing good." He nodded with his arm around my waist.

"Glad you got him and just in time too, 3 years were almost up."

"Yeah, there was sometimes where I just wanted to give up but I knew if I came back with him still at large then he could ruin my life with you."

"How would he ruin our lives?" He asked when we got to the garage.

"I don't think you understand how dangerous my dad really was. Since he was the boss here he knew a lot of criminals and me and you are good fighters but we can't take down whole mafias and groups of assassins." Jungkook hummed and helped me inside his car.

"What was with the gun that had the heart on it?"

"O-Oh um, for protection just in case my dad thought it would be a good idea to send someone after you and the heart was a way to tell you I still love you," I said and Jungkook pulled over his jacket to show me a gun. He then took it out and handed it to me.