⚜Chapter 8⚜

The River in Reverse

❇❇❇❇

And then one day, all her wishes were fulfilled when she met him outside her dreams.

❇❇❇❇

Few Years Ago; Santorini, Greece

"Come on, Izzy! When are you coming back home?" She heard her best friend whine through the phone. She sighed. 

"Niklaus, I already told you that I'll be back once I close the deal. After that, I won't even spend a second more in the gorgeous city." She explained as she sipped on a mimosa and typed away on her laptop sitting in a restaurant beside the beach.

"Oh, come now, you don't expect us to not be mad at you for leaving us here and going to Santorini alone, do you?" Came Stefan's disapproving voice which made her roll her eyes.

"Hey! You were the one who wanted to go to that wretched concert with Lex. I did ask you three to join me." 

"Excuses, excuses." Lexi quipped taking the phone from Stefan who shot her a glare. Isabelle shook her head at her crazy best friends.

"Now get lost, all of you. Let me work." Saying this, Isabelle cut the call chuckling before she finished up the last few details just in time for her meeting.

She gulped down the rest of her mimosa and was on her way to the conference room of the hotel along with her assistant, Jarvis, who joined her to explain the last few details about the Smiths and Co. The enterprise she intended to make the deal with.

She entered the room to find two men and a woman sitting inside the board room. 

Her eyes quickly scanned her audience; the woman looked to be in her mid-30s, she had a challenging gleam in her eyes and what she wore did not quite scream professional.

 One of the men had a welcoming gaze as he sat there humble and patient while Jarvis set up the presentation. 

And lastly, the third man, who sat at the head of the table; she assumed he was the majority shareholder and founder of Smiths and Co. She could not quite figure him out because of his neutral and shrouded expressions.

Taking in a deep breath, she began the conference. God knew how important this deal was for her company, she couldn't afford even the slightest misstep.

"...and hence, this is why our product will beat that of our Japanese competitors, giving your enterprise the exact profit it deserves." She concluded, "Any questions?" She asked as she looked at the three with expectant eyes.

"How exactly do you plan on handling the shortage of raw material that's gonna occur with more than a few companies proposing a similar product?" The woman sitting next to Mr. Smith asked arrogantly.

Isabelle smiled softly, "My company has been in the market for far longer than those competing with me. I have more resources and connections with every raw-material manufacturer. Besides, if we face a shortage even after that, well, that's where you come in."