1: koi no yakan

Chapter 1: Koi no yokan
|ko-ee no yo-kan | Japanese
   (n) The extraordinary sense upon first meeting someone, that you will one day fall in love.

It was a hot summer morning when Type decided to go for a swim in the beach kilometer away from the famous Kanawut summer house. The sun was striking him, but he does not mind. He calls unto his younger cousin, Tine Metawin, and both soaked into the cold waters of the blue sea.

Despite being a severn year old boy, Type was not afraid of the water or the strong waves of the sea. He was born for it, unlike his younger cousin who trembles like a dog caught on a storm.

"P'Type, wait for me!" Tine shouted at the older boy, reaching out his hands for desperation.

"I am here. No need to be afraid. The water is my friend, and you should be too." Type beamed enthusiastically then took the small hands of Tine. They floated in the sea for a while when Tine broke the silence.

"P'Type, why do you hate P'Tharn so much?" Type choked at the seawater and stood up.

"He's annoying. I hate his face. I hate his smile. I hate his voice. I hate his fair skin. I hate the sound when he laughs. His very existence annoys me." Type said almost believingly, but Tine does not believe an ounce of it.

"If you hate him, why do you look at him everytime he walks by? And why do you talk about him all the time?" Type was about to answer when a whistle blowed.

"Tine! Type! We're going to have lunch!" Yelled Type's dad. The boys immediately stood up and went to continue their day.

Type was sure it was a good day, until a demon showed up and ruined it. He was eating his popsicle joyfully when Tharn sat beside him and took it. He raised it above his head, and given Type's height at that moment, he can't reach it.

Type was strangling Tharn, pushing him when they accidentally stumbled. They both fell into the sand, the popsicle smeared with dirt while Type's lips met Tharn's.

In a blink of an eye, Type lost his first kiss to his sworn enemy. He did not feel anything and was in a daze. Then Type came to his sense and punched Tharn as hard as he could—-

I woke up with a jolt and covered in sweat. Why do I have to dream that scenario? I looked at the clock, and immediately cursed. Of course, I'm late for the senior year.

I showered quickly, wore a loose black shirt and denim skinny jeans and went to school. What is breakfast anyways? Upon reaching the school, I was immediately scolded by Techno.

"You really chose to be late today Type. Let's go now before that professor makes us buy food." I just rolled my eyes and follow him. I did not really listen at the lecture, as it will be provided later and I do well enough studying by myself.

I let my thoughts wander to the future of being the CEO of Kanawut's Group of Companies which is one of the most richest companies in Southeast Asia. Our company is second to the Supassit Corporation, the one that the annoying Tharn will soon own. I will definitely crush him and be number one in Southeast Asia. Just by thinking about him makes my body tremble with anger, and suddenly, his face entered through my mind. I clenched my fist and punched the table.

"Oi Type, what's your problem?" Techno nudged at me, and I glared at him. I almost want to hit him when I noticed the professor and my classmates were staring at me. I immediately apologized and pinched Techno's side.

Time went fast and as I was walking to my dorm room, I received a call from my mom.
"Hello, Ma?"

"Type, go to the ****** Hospital now. Your dad... He's in critical condition."

And on that time, I ran. But before I reached the hospital, everything went black.