28: mizpah

Chapter 28: mizpah
(n.) the deep emotional bond between people, especially those separated by distance or death.

A/N: I'm sorry for the long wait and if I have any typos here, forgive me. I've been feeling a little lethargic lately and I was not really motivated. Anyways, I hope you like this chapter and don't forget to leave a like or comment hehe. Stay hydrated and keep safe everyone, you might need it on the next chapters to come... happy reading!
____________________
Third Person's POV

5:17 AM, the day Type was taken

Type woke with a feeling of dread and felt sick to his stomach due to the drug that enabled him to sleep. He tried to even out his breathing to ease the fear of darkness since he was blindfolded. The room, or what Type thought was, does not smell as bad, but rather it smelt sterile.

There was no sound to be heard, and Type could hear his steady breathing and slow heartbeat. He was bounded to a chair, hands and feet tied together, and the only bullet that he has to offer is hope.

The sound of the door opening echoed through the room, and slow and steady footsteps approached Type. The man yanked Type's blindfold, revealing himself. The room was all white, and there's no windows. There's only one light illuminating the space and there's only one entry and exit.

"Is this presentation enough for you, President Kanawut?" Type glared at the man, and he was right about the culprit. It was no other than Lhong. If this guy didn't apply to the company, Type wouldn't have guessed that it was him.

Meet me where the line begins and this game will end.

It was easy to decipher since line begins with an L and the last or end letter of the name is G.

Who else, if not Lhong?

"What do you want? Is it money? Just tell me and I could give it to your broke ass." Type said angrily, earning a slap from his captor. His cheek turned red at the impact, and he could taste blood from when he bit his tongue. He looked at the wrist of Lhong, and there was no sign of the dragon. 'So he was not in the mafia... but how did he end up knowing the mafia boss?' Type thought.

"I want everything, Type. Everything. Including your soon to be husband of course." I was right all along, Type thought. He stared at Lhong intensely and smirked devilishly.

"You can have Tharn then." He said even though it pains him inside, but he needs to provoke Lhong.

"That's it? You're going to give him away?" There was a hint of shock in Lhong's face, but he quickly hid it under his cold stare.

"Yeah... but I can't assure you that he'll fall in love with a loser like you. Don't you think you're trying too hard? Are you that miserable in your life that you need to kill people in order to get someone who will never ever love you?" Type could help but smirk at his retort, wishing that his backup will come quickly and arrest Lhong. Although he was not sure if there will be backup since he lied to P'Zee. P'Zee was the one he called before, and he told him that he would not go to the train station.

"We'll see about that. I can't wait to see Tharn's reaction when he sees your dead body." Suddenly, two thugs with the dragon symbol entered the room. Both were muscular, and Type gulped knowing what those goons will do. The men were approximately six feet tall, with an aura of death in them, and their biceps were thrice the size of Type's.

Lhong ushered the thugs and they went closer to Type, eyeing him and licking their lips in the process. A punch landed in Type's jaw, instantly forming a bruise. Type did not dare produce a sound, he will not give them the satisfaction. Instead he just glared at his attackers and smirked.