9: ishin-denshin

ishin-denshin
(idm.) "what the mind thinks, the heart transmits", an interpersonal communication through unspoken mutual understanding.

I woke up in the screaming of the alarm and found myself inside Tharn's arms. No wonder my head hearts, I have fallen asleep in his hard abdomen.

"Tharn! Wake up!" I nudged him harshly and gained a groan in response. So he will snob me, huh. I sat up and  kicked his thighs. "Wake up!"

"Yes wife."

"I'm not your wife!"

"Not now, but soon." How can one be so annoying so early in the morning? I glared at him and went to shower.

My lower half is sore, thanks to that idiot. He should take responsibility for this! I took longer than usual since I need to thoroughly clean myself, almost using up my vanilla scented body wash in the process. Oh well, we are going to the mall anyways, and I prepared a mental note for my essentials.

I just wore my plain gray hoodie and denim pants and went to the living room to watch some shows while Tharn went to shower.

Upon reaching the mall, we directly went to the department store and was greeted by an overly enthusiastic and pretty saleslady.

"What kind of bedsheets are you looking at, sirs?"

"What do you like, Type?"

"Anything. You pick."

As I was wandering, looking at the variety of bedsheets, Tharn was merrily laughing at the saleslady. What are they talking about? They must be flirting, and that lady seems to be taken by Tharn's charm. I just scoffed and went outside the department store, looking at other shops that might interest me.

After a few minutes of walking, I saw an ice cream shop and decided to buy one. I ordered plain vanilla gelato in cone, and my phone suddenly rang; it was Tharn.

"What?" He must be finished talking to that lady. Good for him then.

"Where are you? I already bought the bedsheets. Let's eat lunch together."

"Let's eat at the Chicken Republic. I'm craving for some chicken." As if on cue, my stomach grumbled and I remembered that we have not yet eaten breakfast.

"Yes, ma'am."

When I reached the Chicken Republic, Tharn was already sitting at a table of four, ushering me. I looked at the menu, deciding whether I should get Korean spicy chicken or the honey glazed chicken when I noticed Tharn looking at me.
"What? Is there a streak of ice cream on my face?" I wondered if there is something wrong in my face since I noticed that he casually looks at it most of the time.

"You're good at licking that ice cream." Wha——

"Asshole." He just laughed and his hands went into the side of my mouth, removing the spot of ice cream. What he did next suprised me, for he licked the fingers that had the ice cream, not removing his eye contact.

I just raised my eyebrows at him, "Do you want ice cream?", I asked, handling him my cone.he just nodded in response. "Then buy your own."

"Just let me lick yours, Type." Suddenly, someone coughed beside us and it was the waitress. How long has she been standing there eavesdropping.

"Can I take you order— sirs?" She asked demurely, and flecks of red stained her cheeks while looking at Tharn. I just rolled my eyes, my craving for chicken vanished. Tharn really is a chick magnet, and I am annoyed by it. I am annoyed that I am getting annoyed by it.

I let Tharn order since I have no appetite, but when did I ever had an appetite? My fingers are tracing lines over the glass of water in front of me, when Tharn suddenly held it. I could feel the callouses in his hands, in contrast to my smooth palms. Before I could control it, my heart is acting up again. If Tharn is the drummer, then my heart is the drums; my heart is his to command... I pulled my hand away, and finished the glass of water.

Tharn showed me the bedsheets that he bought, one white and one black and one tan bedsheets. Why did he buy so many bedsheets when we're not going to have sex again? Why am I thinking of sex?

Because you liked having sex with Tharn.

What kind of thoughts are those? Maybe I'm just hallucinating due to hunger. When the food arrived, I finished it off. Maybe, just maybe, these crazy thoughts will disappear.

Just what have you done to me, Tharn Suppasit?