18: wonderwall

Chapter 18: wonderwall
(adj.) someone you find yourself thinking about all the time; a person you are completely infatuated with.

A/N: We're already halfway around the book and I would like to thank everyone for their support. The plot will start to thicken here, and let's say that this is the "part two" of the book. This chapter is kind of boring (?)and informative, and I will make up for it in the next chapter. I will start to introduce new characters that I know you are all familiar with. I hope you all enjoy it and happy reading!

_____________
After the encounter with the pawns of the mafia, Tine and Sarawat patched me up since I am bloody and have few broken bones. I felt guilty for including Sarawat in this mess, resulting in a bruised lip and knuckles and a small discoloration in his cheek.

I looked like shit, with my bloody nose and black eyes, bruises on cheek, lip, lower jaw and my abdomen. Whoever did this to me would not get away easily.

"P'Type... do you have an idea on who might do this to you?" I just shrugged and said nothing. I do not want to involve Tine in this mess and I am scared that he may be targeted. I will ask Sarawat to take care of Tine since Tine could not punch or defend himself unlike his lover.

I told Tine that he should shower first, and I talked to Sarawat.

"Hey, can you do me a favor? Please protect Tine and stay by his side always. I do not know what I did to upset them, but I think they would come back. If possible, could you move in with Tine?"

"I was already planning on asking him about that, but I don't know if he'd agree."

"Don't worry. I'll persuade him, consider it done." After that, Sarawat decided to go home since they have a match tomorrow.

When I finished showering, Tine was already asleep, and I dialed someone.

"Max? I want you to search for something..."

"Well, good evening to you too, young master. How may I be of service to you?"

"Don't call me young master, asshole. Someone was tailing me and I do not know what their motives are. But do you know of a mafia that has a dragon symbol? I don't think I remember it."

"What the fuck Type? How could you anger them? You should stay away from them, they're dangerous than the Yakuza. They're a new gang that rose 5 years ago, and has been dealing illegal goods over South East Asia. They're more powerful than ours, and no one knows the identity of their leader. What exactly happened?"

"I don't remember pissing someone off." Except for Techno and Tharn maybe. "Is this another assassination attempt? But they're dumb. They could have bought guns with them but they didn't."

"I'll be on a lookout for them and send you guards to monitor you from afar. You're in deep shit, Type. You should report it to your father."

"I won't report it unless we know what is going on, who is the mastermind and what is their motive. Two can play this game, whoever that fucker is."

"I'll research on them and call you as soon as I get information."

I just sighed and hung up the call. Max Nattapol Dilokanawarit is one of my childhood friends and the heir to the Triad, one of the most feared mafia in Bangkok. Our fathers are business partners, or should I say, they provide us protection and surveillance.

Life was treating me well so far, so what the fuck is happening?

____________________
When I woke up, my face is swollen and bloated. I saw a note on Tine's bedside table, "Use this, it can hide your bruises." Beside it is a container with brown stuff inside and a round canister with tan powder inside. Concealer? What the heck is a concealer? I took a bath and got ready, also searching on how to use a concealer and this powder.