29: eleutheromania

Chapter 29: eleutheromania
(n.) an intense and irresistible desire for freedom

A/N: I apologize for this late update. I've been feeling sick at this moment so I think I'll be able to post only 2 chapters a week. Anyways, I hope that everyone is safe and happy reading!

Thank you for the 10k reads uwu!
______________
Third Person's POV

Lhong just sat on his car, remembering the words of Type. He feels even more angry, because that it's the truth but it is too late to back off from the plan now. If he'll be caught, he's going to die, so might as well bring Type with him.

He bit his nails anxiously, waiting for his accomplice. He never wanted to bring Type or let alone hurt him. He had accepted that Tharn would never reciprocate his love and he was still guilty of what he did to Art. But it is already done.

His logical mind is telling him to release Type and go to another country but it was not possible since he'd be dead before he even prepare for it. On cue, the Dragon mafia leader entered his car and sat on the driver's seat.

"Is everything going according to plan?" Lhong just breathed deeply to calm himself and maybe get rid of the guilt that has been tugging him.

"Yes." He answered simply, hopefully hiding his nervousness and uncertainty of doing the plan. The Dragon just smiled evilly, and Lhong just kept his face stoic. He could be a great actor by pretending not to care for Type and Art's well being.

Lhong just stared at the window, his mind drifting off. Desperation breeds madness, he thought. Love makes monsters of us all.

Flashback

Lhong was crying on the night club alone, letting himself be drowned by his heartache. He discovered that Tharn will be getting married and he has no way of getting him for himself. He regret what he did to Art, since it went into vain.

He cried, until his eyes became puffy and swollen, with booze and loud music as his company. People danced and smiled around him, flirting and making out, and he was jealous of that. He wants to be loved, he craves to be taken care of. But no one seems to want to love him.

A sob came out of his mouth, and he wanted to apologize and tell Tharn of his wrongdoings, but he can't. He won't. Tharn would not talk to him anymore if he did that, so he promised himself to let Tharn be happy.

A man clad in black approached him. He was tall, and an aura of superiority can be felt. Lhong stared at him for a moment, wondering why a stranger would want from him. His heartbeat increased when he saw a dragon tattoo in the man, since he knows what that tattoo means. His drunken thoughts were replaced by sobriety, due to fear of the member of the mafia.

"Do I know you?" He mustered the courage to ask the stranger, while trying his best not to sound too scared.

"No. But I know you and what you did with Tharn's past relationship." Lhong felt as if the bomb has been detonated in his face.

"What do you mean?" He tried to remain calm, but the guy just smiled at him.

"Threatening him and his family? Really? You could do better than that. Well, enough of your unfortunate stories. I came here for a proposition for you."

"Proposition? I doubt I'll have any choice in this matter. What do you want?" Can one be annoyed and scared at the same time? Because it's what Lhong is currently feeling. If the earth wanted to eat him, he would gladly oblige rather than talk with his intimidating guy in front of him.

"Good, you easily understand your position in this matter." The guy smiled sweetly at him, and it was almost believable and the guy looked angelic. But one could not forget the fact that angels could fall too. "I know that you are inlove with your best friend, Tharn. What do you think would he do if he knows what you did behind his back?"