27: habromania

Chapter 27: habromania
(n.) delusions of happiness

A/N: This is kind of a boring and short chapter, and I apologize in advance. I have been on a writing slump and it is kind of hard to think of what I want this story to end. I hope you all enjoy it, and happy reading!
_______________
After I finished the call, I paced back and forth in our bedroom contemplating what I should tell Tharn. I sat beside him and touched his soft hair. This whole plan relies on him to be successful.

"Tharn?" I shaked him, and his eyes slowly opened looking at me confusedly. "They already contacted me. They have Art." Tharn sat up and we are facing each other.

"What did they say? Do they want ransom?" In this moment, lying would be easier, but it won't solve anything. I can't afford to let someone die because of me.

"No, they don't want money." I paused, taking every courage I have and asked him. "Do you still love him?"

"Ai Type... what are you talking about—-"

"I know that it is an inappropriate question for this situation, but please, just answer that question." I tried to cover my shaking hands with blanket, but before I could do so, Tharn held it. His hands are warm as usual, and I want to hold this hands for the rest of my life... given that I'll survive this.

"I only love you, Type. I used to love Art and I still care about his well being. But it is you whom I love my whole heart. He was my past, and you are my present and future." I looked in his eyes and only found sincerity. Will we have a future?

Before I could answer, I just showed him the email. "I'm going to that place and get Art out. Don't worry, I have a back up... so wait for me here, okay?" His eyes were glassy and I just looked up to prevent my own tears from spilling.

"What do you mean? You can't just walk into their trap. We have to plan this thoroughly."

"I already called for back-up, Tharn. We have to play their game in order to win. After they will take me, they would contact you. Ask help from P'Thorn if you have received their message. He'll know what to do. And if my suspicions are correct... he'll know who the culprit is. I need you to catch the culprit here."

"There must be another way. You can't just forfeit your life to them. I'll go with you." Tharn stood up, but I held his hand tightly so that he can't move.

"You can't. You need to catch him. Just trust me, trust that I'll go out of there alive." I looked at him, pleading. I looked at the wall clock and it's already 11:30, I still have time.

I stood up and kissed him as if it's the last kiss we'll ever have. His tears were freely falling, and my heart clenched at the feel of it. I held him as if the world will take him away from me. We will get through this, and I will be strong for the both of us. Maybe this time, I'll be able to save a life other than my own.

"Wait for me, okay? Promise me." I asked, pressing our foreheads together and I could feel his warm breath through my cheeks. I felt happy just by being with Tharn, even though I know that this is just temporary and is just a delusion of my happiness. I will treasure this moment and keep it in my mind since I know that it is the first one that those bastard will break.

"I promise. I'll wait for you here. So please come back safely na?" I just nodded and took my things immediately and left the comfort of our home. I took one last look at our apartment and drove off into the quiet of the night.

______________
Third Person's POV

Type drove into a traffic-less street, and he couldn't stop himself from sweating profusely. His life will be at stake here, and he knows that if he died, the legacy of their company will die with it. His mind imagined his father, grief stricken and his mother crying all night, and he doesn't want that to happen.

He can't afford that to happen.

Type found it funny that the culprit could never been obvious and he mentally slapped himself for not knowing it sooner. But what he could not fathom is that, how the two mastermind met each other.

He knows that the other is driven by love, what remains a mystery is the motive of the other. Money? Power? Or is it both?

His mind wandered to the poem sent to him in the email. The answer to the location is staring at him, for it is only the initial or first letter in each line.

Type of the antique Rome!
Rich reliquary.
At length — at length — after so many days
I kneel, altered and humble man
"Not all" —- the echoes answer me — "not all!"
Silence and Desolation! and dim night!
These stones — alas! these gray stones
All of the famed, and the colossal left
Taught in the gardens of Gethsamane!
I feel ye now— I feel ye in your strength
O charms nore potent than the rapt Chaldee
Not all the memories hang upon.

There is only one train station in Bangkok and it closes at 11 PM (A/N: This is just made up.) It is an ideal strategic area since it is deserted at night, and it is far away from the populated night clubs and parks.

Type reached the designated area in no time, but before he stepped out of the car, he observed the place. It was too silent, and too eerie, as if it invites chaos and death. When he opened the car door, he was greeted with cold gust of wind, but despite the cold, his still sweats.

Suddenly, men with black mask appeared.

"Where's your leader?" Type asked, but the only reply he got was a painful shot in the arm, for what is seems like, a sedative. Even though he was expecting that, Type could not stop himself from surrendering to the strong pull of sleep.

Meanwhile, Tharn already broke his promise. He can't just stay still while his love is out there in danger. He was calling P'Thorn using his AirPods with one ear, while he was hiding. He followed Type and hid behind the tree. He left his car many meters away since it will attract more attention.

His eyes were never leaving Type, and his heart fell when his beloved fell. He stealthily went back to his car and waited for the kidnappers to go, and he followed suit. He told P'Thorn on what the plate number is, and his brother urged him to go home and rest.

Both Type and the mastermind's plan are going in place, but who will succeed? Who will end up victorious and alive?