24: anam cara

Chapter 24: anam cara
(n.) a person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, feelings and dreams; your soul friend.

A/N: I hope this chapter clarifies something hehe. And don't hate Tharn na~ I just view him as a soft boi character that is kind to people, even his exes which he thinks is not a threat. I will explain Art's motive soon. I hope you like this chapter, and happy reading!
________________
I woke with pains around my head and body, in a room I don't even recognize. Flashbacks of what happened the night before entered my mind, and I want to be angry but I'm tired to a whole new level.

My eyes were still half lidded and I wanted to sleep again. I only felt peace when I'm asleep, and I'm with him. But I guess, after the occurrences, sleep is my only ally.

I heard the door opened, revealing the person that I don't want to see, as of the moment. He sat at the chair beside my bed, then held my hand and kissed it. My resolve crumpled at the sight in front of me, with dark bags under his eyes, to his swollen eyes and messy hair.

With all the strength that I could muster, I asked him one simple question.

"Why?" I tried my best not to sound shaky and weak.

"It was a misunderstanding, Type. We didn't do it. It was supposed to be our last meeting, a closure, then we won't see each other again. If I did it with him, I would know. Please forgive me Type. Give me another chance. I love you." Tharn pleaded, tears were running down his cheek and I could not stop myself from drying it. He explained everything, from the bar up to the moment he woke up.

But why did I receive messages that he was with Art the whole time I was in Singapore?

"Are you sure that it was the only day you spent with Art?" He nodded and it made me even more confused. I showed him the pictures that was sent to me, and he was more confused than I did.

"I was staying at our apartment the whole day, and I only went out to practice and nothing else. And how does this person even have your phone number and continue to text you even though you have already blocked it." I felt vulnerable at this moment. Those mafia bastards seem to taunt me, and exposing my weaknesses.

"Do you think that it may be related to... you know." I whispered at him since it is dangerous to speak of and they might be spying at me right now.

"I hope not." Tharn held my hand even tighter, squeezing it as we stared at each other.

"Have you slept? You look like shit." A handsome shit, but I won't say it. He just frowned at the statement and look at the other way. "Go to sleep."

"Can I sleep beside you?" He looks at me with puppy dog eyes, but I won't give in. I need to punish him for the stress he gave me.

"No. I'm still sulking." He stood up and took the plastic bag in the table nearby.

"I bought you your favorite stir fry pork with basil." He innocently smiled and went beside me.

"Are you bribing me with food?" If so, it is working. I am really hungry and craving for some stir fry pork with basil.

"I am making up to you. Here let me feed you."

"I won't eat unless you promise to sleep afterwards."

"I promise."

Tharn fed me until I finished all the food and he went to sleep beside me. While he was asleep, the doctors visited and said that I could be discharged and gave me vitamins.

Something still bugs me though and I feel like something bad will happen sooner or later. I hugged Tharn closer to me and caressed his hair.

The mafia's pattern is familiar to me, and that made me terrified even more. It was the same as 7 years ago. The death threats, blackmailing... and kidnapping. The last one is the only thing they haven't accomplished and I hope it wouldn't happen.