19: tsuki ga kirei desu ne

Chapter 19: tsuki ga kirei desu ne
(lit.) literally means "the moon is pretty" which can also be defined or interpreted as "i love you".

A/N: I felt so sad while writing this chapter and this chapter was inspired by the song Maybe the Night (by Ben&Ben). I'm sorry for the technical mistakes, I will edit them as soon as possible. I know that this is a hard time (due to COVID-19), but I hope that everyone is doing well. I pray for the fast recoveries of every patients and pray for the frontliners. We will get through this, let's just hope. Have a great day everyone, and happy reading!

_____________________
I looked at my face in the mirror and my bruises are not getting better. I pulled my hair in frustration and decided to take a cold shower to ease my temper. Today is Tharn's birthday and I need to look my best especially since I am meeting his parents. But I look like shit.

After I took a bath, someone rang the doorbell and I immediately went to look who the intruder is. Turns out, it was a package from my father, a suit to wear for Tharn's birthday. It was an all white suit, the kind of tuxedo that you wear on weddings.

I was about to experiment myself using concealer and foundation when Max texted me.

Max: I already go the intel, about their assets, extent of power, and businesses. Although I still have no information about the mafia boss, I have the some information on his right hand man. I will send it to your email. Just text me on what's the next plan will be.

Problems keep piling on my plate, and I can't chew them all. I don't want to involve my family, especially Tharn. Who would want to kill me? I decided not to reply to Max since today is a special day and I don't want to ruin my mood.

I already woke up late, so I decided to buy some take out foods. I went to Starbucks and ordered an iced americano and breakfast bagel. I got weird looks since I wore too formal clothes, but I just glared at them. Why can't people mind their own business?

When I finished, I immediately went out and walked to other side of the road to wait for a bus. I don't like riding or driving my own car since I don't want to repeat the accident that happened before. I almost lost my other half due to my recklessness in driving.

When the pedestrian signaled that it is okay to walk, I did. But one car was still accelerating towards a child 10 meters in front of me. What the heck is the driver thinking? Due to my impulse, I immediately ran to the child and carried her. Thankfully, the car missed us by a mere fraction and my suit was not dirtied. If I was a second late, I'd already be dead.

If that careless driver thinks he's going to get away from it, he's wrong. I texted Max the plate number and went to comfort the crying child.

____________________
I was the last to arrive, seeing that my parents already arrived. Of course, I received an earful on how I am late.

"Ai Type! You should be punctual next time!" My father scolded me.

"You're not punctual either. Being punctual is arriving at the exact time, you're just absurdly early." He smacked my head, good thing my mom was here to scold him.

"You two, stop being childish. We're not in our home for Christ's sake."

I went and greeted Tharn's family, however there was one guest that I did not expect. What is P'San doing here? As if I'm going to greet him. He just looked at me and sent a challenging smirk. That bastard. Speaking of, I should do a background check on him.

When Tharn arrived, I saw that he was wearing the same clothes as I am. My eyes wandered to his features, his broad shoulders and how the suit perfectly fit his muscular stature. To his well combed hair and eyes that could swallow me whole. And don't get me started on his smile. He looks so handsome, and suddenly, I imagined his body lifeless due to the work of the mafia that has been tailing me.