21: caim

Chapter 21: caim
(n.) lit. "sanctuary"; an invisible circle of protection, drawn around the body with the hand, that reminds you that you are safe and loved, even in darkest times.

A/N: This is another attempt of me writing a mature scene, and I am not really confident with it. I may (or may not) take a break next week since I want to finish writing this story and publish it altogether. I'm also planning to write another fanfic.

I hope you all like it and happy reading!
_________
I immediately helped the person in front of me, his eyes glared for a moment, then tackled me. I hugged him back, too stunned to do anything.

"It's okay, guys. I know him." The bodyguards that Max played instantly dispersed into their own hiding areas or positions.

"Our baby Type has already grown old, huh? Won't you greet and kiss Phi?" I just chuckled at his immaturity since not everyone can see this side of him.

"You shouldn't have scared me like that... it's dangerous these days." His eyes became cold and suddenly pierced through me, calculating.

I let him inside our apartment so that we could talk in private.

"What brings you here, P'Zee?" He handed me a white envelope, with a wedding invitation card on the inside. P'Zee is three years older than me, and we are close since elementary school. He is also best friends with Max, and our other friend, Ohm in Singapore.

"I want to be the one to tell you about that. I know you haven't formally met him, but I'm sure you'll get along just fine. Are you free that day?" We sat beside each other in the sofa, and there was almost no space between us.

"Of course! I don't want to miss your wedding. Someone has officially tamed you, huh?" I just smirked at him then laughed. Knowing P'Zee, he would always be on fights and brawls since he was the mafia boss of the most feared gang in Taiwan, the Guild. His soon to be husband must have been a saint. (A/N: sorry for the pun).

"I could say the same at you." I stopped laughing and wondered, what could he possibly know? "Who would've thought that you're going to marry your worst enemy, Tharn Suppasit?" I just kept my silence, suddenly missing Tharn's presence. "Speaking of Tharn, we met yesterday. Or was it the day before? I was one of the investors and he was with a guy. His name is P'San I think?"

Heat radiated off my body, so that's why he hasn't texted me yet. He was busy flirting with another guy. I clenched my fists too hard, that I could feel my nails bruising my flesh. All the courage that I had when I encountered P'San, went down the drain. He really wants to take Tharn from me. Bring it on then.

"Are you okay, Type? I know that something has been bothering you. Do you want to tell me? Why do you have bodyguards? Someone is threatening you again, isn't it?" I tried to calm myself down so that I could talk nicely and not be an asshole to P'Zee. It takes all of my strength to maintain my proper manners since I can feel the anger seething out of me.

"P'Zee, I may need your help. It is happening again and I have no idea who it is or what the motive is." I told him everything that happened, and what Max told me. He became so serious, his brows furrowed, no doubt remembering what had happened before.

"I'll do what I can to protect you, Type. I promise him... that I will keep you safe. I will find who the fucker is. Don't worry, I won't let you down this time. Call me if something happens, na?" I don't want to look fragile in front of him, but I can't control the tears that are glazing my eyes. I remember it all too much. I don't want to lose anyone important to me again. I don't want to lose myself again.

P'Zee embraced me in his arms, and my tears spilled endlessly while I clutch his shirt.

"I don't want to die yet, P'." As much as I don't want to admit it, "I'm scared." His hand stroked my back in circular motion, and I sobbed harder. I don't like this feeling of vulnerability and the feeling that death is knocking at your door.