30: deathbed

Chapter 30: deathbed
(n.) the bed where someone is dying or has died; used in reference to the time when someone is dying

A/N: Hi guys! I would like to thank everyone who supported this book, as it nears the end. I apologize if there is some grammatical and typographical errors. I hope you are all doing well, happy reading and stay safe!

_______________
Third Person's POV

Tharn just stood frozen at the hospital, his mind barely digesting his failure. He just felt numb and tired, wishing that this was all a nightmare and he'll wake up beside Type and can still hear Lhong's voice on their future gigs.

Thorn was urging him to sleep, as he was not been able to have a decent sleep when Type was taken. Tharn was going crazy, and his companions are getting worried on his mental health. Then, Saint sat beside the man in despair.

"Tharn, I think you should rest first. Take a nap and shower and then we'll track them. Stay strong for yourself and Type, okay?" Saint said with concern that made Tharn want to break down in pieces.

"I don't know anymore P. If I sleep or take a rest, I'm afraid that they'll do something to Type. Can't they just take me instead? Can't they just take my life instead? It hurts so much that I haven't been able to do anything to prevent it. I said to Type that I will protect him, but I let those bastards take him. I don't think I'll live if something happened to Type... what if I'm too late next time?" The broken man said emptily, devoid of emotions. His tears won't dare to come out, and he was just staring at the ceiling with emptiness.

"Fight it, Tharn. I know that you are strong. Type, Art and Lhong are counting on us and we should be brave. I know that it is hard, but hang on for Type and Art's sake, okay? They wouldn't want to see you in this state, so take care of yourself na?"

Tharn did not bother to reply to Saint, and he knows that Saint is right. But accepting the fact that his best friend is dead took its toll. They decided to leave the hospital and went to Zee's penthouse to rest for a little while Zee's hackers track Type.

Tharn looked himself in the mirror and smiled when he realized that Type would probably be angry if he could see him right now. Somewhere between the lines of: "Hey asshole Tharn, sleep or else you're going to turn into a panda and be ugly to look at." Or "Don't be such a jerk to yourself and eat, or else I won't let you eat me."

He smiled at the thought of his beloved, but his heart ached at his absence at the same time. There was still a lot of things he wanted to experience with Type, and he should be mentally strong for the both of them. When you care about people, hurt and pain is kind of part of the package.

Zee led him and Thorn on the bedroom which they would hopefully rest. He muttered a thanks and went to sit at the bed. Although he does;nt know if he'd be able to sleep, he still laid down and closed his eyes.

Thorn sat beside him, and held him by the shoulders. "Tharn, drink this if you can't sleep." His brother handed him a sleeping pill and a glass of water, which he gladly took and drank. In a few minutes, he drifted off into a nightmarish sleep.

______________

Meanwhile, Type woke up with a sore body. His bruises seem to sting and he thought that the infection might kill him first before the mafia's guns can. He did not open his eyes for the fear that those bastards might punch and kick him again and he literally can't open it due to his bruises.

He had no recollection of what had happened or what day it is. He can only sense that they are moving and that scared him. Maybe Tharn and P'Zee had found them, but these mafia was more prepared. There was only silence in the car, with the promise ring as his only comfort.