25: kairos

Chapter 25: kairos
(n.) a propitious moment for decision or action; oppurtunity.

A/N: I apologize if I haven't updated. The weather is really bad here and the connection is really slow. I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you for the votes and 4k reads. Stay safe everyone and happy reading!
________________

Everything was going smoothly, and our relationship is stronger than ever. The graduation is just around the corner, and I feel ecstatic just by thinking about finally leaving school. The only thing that irks me is the monotonous and boring pitch that I'm currently attending.

Currently, I am the one that manages the company since my parents are in the France to meet a potential investor. I just sighed quietly, hoping that this torture would end quickly. If this guy isn't Tharn's best friend, I already fired him. But for the sake of formality, I let myself hear him out.

After the long wait, I told the secretary that Lhong's presentation proposal will be rejected, and I would only give him a week to polish him or he'd say goodbye to be a regular of this company.

I sat at my office, too tired to do my anything when suddenly my cellphone rang.

"Hey wifey! Are you done with work? I miss you~" Tharn's cheerful voice greeted me, and one could wonder if he really is the husband in this relationship.

"Yeah. Are you home already?" I tried to suppress a groan as pain pounded in my head. These migraines really chose to show itself right now.

"Yeah. Have you eaten already? Let's eat outside." Oh, yeah. I forgot to eat again. I massage my temple slowly hoping that it would ease the pain a little bit.

"Where should we eat?" Suddenly, I was craving for some Chinese food, and I want to eat Sweet and Sour Pork.

"I want to eat Chinese. Let's just meet up at Hua Lin Restaurant." Tharn disconnected from the call, and I just scoffed. I went to take my bag and is about to leave, when someone opened the door without knocking. It's probably my secretary.

"Could you at least knock?" I double checked my bag and make sure that I didn't leave anything of importance.

"I'm sorry about that, Mr. President." I looked up and saw Tharn smiling brightly at me, and I just raise my eyebrows at him. He just wore a black t-shirt and ripped jeans, but he looks so attractive. In his hand, was a bouquet of red roses.

"I thought you were at home?" He went closer to me, and left a gentle kiss on my lips, then handed me the bouquet. My heart pounded mercilessly at my chest, and I tried to hide the smile that is forming on my lips.

"Can't I pamper my stressed wife and pick him up?" His lips grazed through my ear and I have the urge to kiss him, if not for the headache and workload that I still need to finish today.

"Yeah whatever. Let's just leave." I handed him my bag, and held his other hand. The employees were staring at us, but I couldn't care less. If they say one bad word about me and Tharn, I would not hesitate to fire them.

________________

When we went home, I immediately went to our study area and did some work. And here I thought that CEO's are supposed to be chill and laidback. Tharn went to the bathroom first to freshen himself up. I wore my glasses again, hoping that it would lessen the migraine for a little bit.

"Type, aren't you going to sleep? It's already 11 PM." Tharn hugged me from behind and I could smell his vanilla scent. He's been using my body wash, and I felt giddy knowing that we both have the same smell.

"Later. I still have a lot of work to finish. Just go to sleep first." I answered, my eyes not leaving my laptop, rereading some presentations.

"Don't stay up too much na~ Goodnight wifey. I love you." I just hummed in response, and noticed that Tharn is still hugging me. "No good night? No I love you?" I looked at him and he looks so sad, and I felt guilty immediately.