12: athazagoraphobia

Chapter 12: athazagoraphobia
(n.) the fear of forgetting, being forgotten or ignored, or being replaced

Today is the last day of Midterms and I'm stressed to my core. A few weeks had passed with the Puifai incident, and I couldn't be happier getting to know Tharn. Although it is kind of awkward to be taken care of instead of making the first move, I'm kind of liking it.

Currently, I am studying with Techno at the coffee shop near our building since the library is packed of students pretending to study (well, some really do study.) Techno groaned beside me and pulled his hair. One word: mood.

"Ai No, what are you groaning at?"

"Statistics. Do you think I should drop this subject Type?" He looks really stressed, more like a widow discovering that her late partner had an affair. Since I am a good friend, I decided to help him.

"It's easy. Here, I'll lend you my notes." I gave him the Statistics reviewer that I made, even though I haven't yet studied it that much.

"Thanks Type! You really do love me." He attempted to hug me, but I quickly hit his head. "Ouch, that hurts you know."

"Whatever. Just study." I'm too lazy to study now, so I decided to text Tharn. I haven't talked to him since yesterday since he was studying over at his friends house and has a band practice while I studied with Techno and Champ in a cafe.

Type: Ai Tharn, are you busy?

Since I just finished studying and in dire need of relaxation, I took my Nintendo Switch out of my bag and decided to play animal crossing. Tine had recommended it to me, and speaking of Tine, I should meet up with him after the exams. I haven't talked to him personally in months, and I am curious on what kind of ploy he is up to now.

Type: Tine, are you free this Thursday? Let's meet up

Tine: Sure! You can visit me here :3
Tine: It's our university week, so I have club activity in the morning.

Type: Is 3 PM good?

Tine: Yeah, anyway can I ask you for a favor? 5555555

Type: What favor?

Tine: I'll tell u when we meet hehe. I gotta go, I have cheer practice <3

He has cheer practice but still manage to reply. Usually, Tharn replies as soon as he saw my text but an hour has already passed.

Maybe he's just busy. Yes, busy talking to other guys.

I quickly erased that thought. Tharn might look like a playboy, but he is a faithful lover.

I should bring Tharn here, this cafe is aesthetically pleasing. We sat in the area near the glass walls and you could see the sidewalk from here. It was a nice view until I glanced at Techno in front of me, his forehead creasing. I want to annoy him but he really needs to focus or he'll have a low grade. Suddenly, I was craving for something sweet and thankfully the cafe has delicious desserts.

I went to the display area, eyeing the desserts. Should I eat a cake or a tart? Facing me is Strawberry Shortcake, Mango Graham cake, French Macarons, Salted Caramel Cake and other flavors of cake I did not mind since I have already found my food. It's the only one left so I went and ordered.

"One Chocolate Mousse please."

"Choco Mousse please."

Oh no you don't. That chocolate mousse is mine. I looked at the guy, he is quite tall and had a manly aura.

"I'm sorry, but I ordered it first." He said and the cashier just looked at us weirdly.

"I ordered it first." I replied, keeping an eye contact. Suddenly Techno appeared.

"Ai Type, just let the guy have the chocolate mousse. You eat it almost everyday." He went between the guy and me. "I'm sorry sir, you can have the chocolate mousse." Then he pulled me into the display case. I glared at the chocolate mousse thief again and noticed that he ordered for two.

Techno was blabbering, while I looked at where the guy was heading. He walked to the other side of the cafe, opposite to ours and placed the tray in the table for two. He must be meeting his lover and I just let the idea of him stealing the chocolate mousse.

"Type, what's yours? I already ordered one Strawberry Shortcake."

"I'll get the Salted Caramel. I'll pay for it."

"Are you okay Type? Why are you buying foods for me now? Do you have a fever again?"

"Do you want it or not?"

"I want it hehe."

I went to the cashier to pay and Techno offered to carry the tray.

"Tharn's here but I'm too shy to greet him since he's with his friend." Maybe it's just Lhong.

"Where?" He just pointed his mouth in the direction of the guy who stole my chocolate mousse. So he was the friend of that thief.

"I haven't seen him before. Have you?" I just shook my head in response. "Well, let's study now."

Suddenly, the thief looked at me and smirked. I quickly went to our table, my appetite and good mood flushed down the drain. I want to punch that guy.

"Type are you okay? You're really red and sweating. Do you want to poopoo?"

"No. Just study quickly. I want to go home and sleep." He cast me a weird look and I just glared at him.

Was Tharn bored of me? Does he not like me anymore? Well, that guy was good looking, and Tharn was really enjoying his company. Maybe I'm too hard to handle? Maybe he was better in bed than I am. Well, Tharn deserves better and maybe he wants something that I can't give while that guy provided it for him. Was Tharn pretending to like me since I said I liked him? My heart sank due to my thoughts and I just stabbed the cake repeatedly until it became mousse.

Is this the reason why Tharn was not replying and coming home late?

Who is that guy?

Did he plan on stealing Tharn from me too?

"No, can I sleep at your house tonight?"