3: selcouth

Chapter 3: selcouth
(adj.) unfamiliar, rare, strange and yet marvelous

The happenings last week could not stop from replaying in my mind. It is one situation I could not escape from. Do they expect me to just agree with it?

"Oy Type. What are you glaring at? You look like you could kill someone."

I just glared at Techno. "Who wouldn't be pissed? I don't want to live with that guy, let alone marry him. Do they expect me to agree playing house with Tharn?"

"Come on, it's just a year! A lot of things can happen in a year. Maybe you'll even fall in love with him." Techno just laughed. Is he really my best friend?

A lot of things can happen in a year.

Suddenly, an idea came into my mind. "He really should get ready."

"Get ready for what?"

"I'll make his life a living hell."

"You really are the devil incarnate." I did not reply to Techno, and I started to formulate my plan.

________________
Today is moving day and I went to GMM Condominium with my belongings. The apartment is in 12th floor, so it is a struggle since I still have a lot of belongings in my car. As I entered, the apartment was quite spacious and has a modern interior.

I saw the living room first, with pale mahogany floors and gray carpet accented by tan sofa. I liked the light gray walls with monochromatic abstract painting beside the white bookshelf. The thing that caught my eye the most is the flatscreen Smart TV hanging in the walls and I can't wait to watch soccer in this television. The idea of living in this apartment excites but, but quickly died out when I saw a gremlin.

"Where's my room?"

"The first door at the left. By the way, this apartment has only one room." I dropped the boxes that I am holding. What did I do to deserve this punishment? The gremlin went closer, and whispered.

"Careful, maybe next time, you'll be the one who will fall for me." This made my blood boil and I was about to punch him when he deflected it. So, I used my other hand, still no avail. He pulled my hand closer, and our faces inches apart. "You're cute, you look like a squashed tomato." He then released my hand and went outside with a smirk.

Oh how I want to remove that smirk, it really annoys me. Just wait Tharn, I have a lot in store for you this evening. I went on and arranged my stuff angrily.

How dare he call me cute, I am a handsome male. I must look like a kitten in his eye. That's good, he is underestimating me; it will make revenge easier. To fulfill my plan, I observed the bedroom. Again, it was quite my cup of tea. The walls were in the same shade in the living room, a gray king sized bed with white bed sheets stood in the corner of the room beside the window. As I walked in the hardwood floor, it is kind of slippery. Perfect.

After arranging, I took the transparent plastic and taped in at the entrance by the door so that the gremlin's face will stick to it. I attached a string in the doorknob, that serves as a trigger to the flour that I put above the door. That pale gremlin will turn even paler. I took the cooking oil and scattered it 2 feet away from the door. I could not wait for him to arrive. Let's see who's the one that's gonna fall, bastard.

When I finished my masterpiece, I lounged in the couch and turned on the television. I decided to watch a movie from Netflix but not long after I fell asleep.

Tharn entered the apartment, and I was looking at him intently. I do not understand. There was supposed to be flour covering his face, together with the transparent plastic wrapper. He glanced at me and smiled. Why didn't he fall to the floor? I was sure that I put cooking oil in the floor. He was slowly walking towards me, his eyes not leaving mine and uttered my name.

"Type! Type! Type!" He shouted at me while shrugging my shoulders.

I opened my eyes and was greeted by a grumpy white-faced gremlin, his pants soaked in oil and the plastic cover found dangling in his neck. I just looked at him, the situation not really processing in my mind.

I was about to run away when he pinned both my hands and went closer. I could smell the beer and smoke. Did I just pulled a prank to a drunk Tharn? I just smirked in delight.

"So, this is what you really want huh?" His face inching closer to mine. Knowing that this is just a bluff, a show of courage, I moved forward. Our nose are touching and I could smell his breath.

"Tharn?" An unfamiliar voice called, and I looked to see who the stranger is but he immediately left. Tharn cursed, released me and went to see that guy.

Why did Tharn went after him even though he is covered in flour and cooking oil?

Who was that guy?

Why did I dream of Tharn again?