31: ya'-aburnee

Chapter 31: ya'aburnee
(n.) lit. "you bury me"; the hope that you will die before your love because you cannot live without them.

A/N: Hi guys! I'm getting a bit emotional writing this chapter and I hope that ya'll will like it hehe. Thank you for supporting this book and for the comments and likes. I apologize for the grammatical and technical errors in advance. Some had almost predicted whom did Max shoot...

Do you think that the ending will be a happy one or a sad one? 👀

Stay safe and healthy, happy reading!
____________________
Third Person's POV

Flashback

At an age of seven, Max is already unwanted by his parents. His only ally was his therapist but soon after, that person also left him. He wandered aimlessly at their garden, sitting at the bench beside the rose bushes.

'Why does anyone hate me?' He asked himself, even though he already knew the answer. At a young age, he had been diagnosed with Multiple Identity Disorder (MID), and his parents hated him for it since he was the only successor. MID is a rare dissociative disorder in which two or more personalities with distinct memories and behavior patterns apparently exist in one individual.

The Unwanted Heir, is what the servants call him behind his back. But he couldn't care less, he didn't even want himself for that matter.

Entering elementary school is hard for him since most students are scared of his appearance and temper. He would laugh and be friendly one moment, then the next day, he wouldn't utter a word. He was the 'weird' guy and no one wanted to play with him.

When he was in third grade, he met someone who treated him as a real person despite his disorder. His first friend, a guy named Gulf Kanawut, was his companion. Gulf did not label him as weird, funny or bipolar. He was delighted and it was the happiest he had been. He even met new friends, and everything was going as well as he could hope for.

But happiness does not seem to last long for him, not when you are the son of a mafia boss.

He had just went back from a night out with friends when his father called him to his office. He cannot decline the invitation, and with a dizzy head, he went inside. The room was like any normal aristocrat, with multimillion paintings and lavish vintage inspired interior.

"Took you long enough. Let me get straight to the point, you are friends with Gulf Kanawut, right?"

"Yes. Is that all?" Max did not know what his father is playing at, and he can't think clearly due to the alcohol in his system.

"I believe not. Do you want to inherit my fortune?" Max just nodded, and he was surprised since his father never talked to him, especially about inheritance. "Then I need you to prove yourself to me. Kill Gulf Kanawut."

Max felt punched in the gut. His mind was saying that he should say yes, but his heart loves Gulf so much. Not just friendly or platonic love, he loves Gulf romantically. His father finally wanted to accept him, and it seemed nice to be accepted. But he did not need his father's acceptance since someone had already accepted him.

"What will happen if I said no?"

"Well... of course I would not name you as my successor."

"Is that the only consequence?"

"What do you think, Max?" His father smiled at him and he knows that the old one will still kill his beloved. He did the only think

"Okay. I'll do it if you name me as your successor now."

"How can you assure me that you're going to do your task?"