Chapter 27

Seth's POV:

I watched as Jeanies paled for a moment before a look of absolute anger shot through her. Her eyes flashed and became a brighter blue than I had seen them when she was in her human appearance. For a second I worried that I should have stayed silent rather than tell her because I wasn't yet sure where or to who her anger was directed. 

"That bitch of a witch! If I would not face the wrath of the Witches Coven I would set her on top of a pyre and watch her burn!" (J)

I stayed where I was sitting as she stood up from the chair she had been occupying and started to pace back and forth muttering in what had to either be Arabic or maybe Egyptian. I thought about calling for someone to come help, specifically Emmett but I also didn't want to be in anymore hot water with her and make her even madder. I waited for what felt like hours before she took a deep breath and returned to sit across from me in her chair a tight look still on her face as she stared at me.

"Thank you for telling me Seth, it means I have added precautions to put into effect now for the family. Did Larissa say anything else?" (J)

"She gave me this band to wear and said it would protect my mind or something like that." (S)

I held up my ankle and showed her before she snapped her fingers and seemed to be staring at it with a new understanding. She nodded her head after a moment and looked back to me as I put my leg down, a scarily calm serious expression etched on her face.

"Never take that off Seth. I mean it. My magic will be strained enough as it is protecting the family and Maddy and the pack as much as possible. One less person to have to worry over will be all the better." (J)

"I won't take it off Jeanie, I swear it." (S)

I watched as she nodded before she leaned back into her chair and closed her eyes. A heavy sigh leaving her mouth and for once I was reminded that she was older than the 20 or 21 years she looked. She never really seemed very old at all until this moment when I could see the stress that she was under. Though as I sat there my mind started wandering to Maddy who was upstairs and I thought about asking when I would get to up and see her.

"Seth." (J)

I was snapped out of my thoughts to see Jeanie smiling a bit at me as I kept sitting on the edge of my chair. I blush as I realize she must have been calling my name for a while and I just didn't hear her. I heard her let out a light laugh before she looked at me again with the same calm and calculating look I had seen many times on her face before.

"I suppose it goes without saying Seth, that if you hurt Maddy in any possible way, you will answer to me." (J)

"I swear I will do everything in my power to prevent her from every getting hurt from anything." (S)

"Pretty words indeed Seth, but prove them to both me and her. This will be the only warning I give you Seth. She already adores you. So if you break her heart, I will personally make your life hell for as long as you live. And even if I can't, well we both know that I have enough friends of different species to get the job done. That of course is if Leah and Gio don't lay an all out claim on your hide first." (J)

I met Jeanie's calm expression and saw the seriousness in her eyes. I nodded as quickly as I could, believing every word she said. I couldn't decide if Leah or Jeanie's wrath would be greater but I didn't want to find out. I also never wanted to hurt Maddy, that wasn't my intention at all. I can only hope that Jeanie sees that, and that Maddy sees it too.

"Well, I suppose you should get ready for battle Seth. It's a horrible sight to see up there, at least according to poor Emmett earlier. Come on and take the cake up to the girls and relieve my poor lover won't you?" (J)

I jumped up and rushed past Jeanie and to the kitchen, a quiet laugh coming from her as she followed behind. I balanced the cake and the small plates she was sending me up with as best as I could before making my way up the stairs as quickly as possible. I stood in front of the door before taking a deep breath and knocking on the door before swinging it open as Gemma said 'come in.'

Jeanie's POV:

I couldn't help my smile as the poor wolf basically ran up the stairs with the cake and plates. It would be a wonder if he didn't break something on the way up. Though as I waited in the kitchen for Emmett to come back down a frown found it's way onto my face. I knew that Witanica's deal with Maddy seemed too tame, especially since that witch knew Maddy would feel pain if her pearl kissed another. I felt a huff of anger leave my mouth again as I leaned against the counter top, before a pair of cool stone arms pulled into an equally cool hard chest.

"Babe, I heard everything upstairs. What do you need?" (Em)

"I need you to hold me for a moment before I use every once of magic I can to protect this family with a few added enchantments. Then I need you to not panic if I pass out and feed the girls, and Seth if he stays, dinner. Think you can do that for me love?" (J)

"I wish I could do more." (Em)

I smiled as I felt the heartfelt wish, though in this instance there was nothing more that he could do. I leaned away from him for a moment as I looked up to meet his golden eyes with my own blue ones. I saw the worry etched onto his perfect face as he stared at me, but I couldn't blame him as it probably only mirrored my own.

"Kiss me?" (J)

"Every moment I can babe." (Em)

I smiled as he brought me up to his lips before I lost myself in his lips. My mouth opened to great his tongue and the fight for dominance was barely that as I succumbed to him quiet quickly. After what seemed like a lifetime later the kiss ended and I was left breathing heavily as I leaned my forehead against his own, a smile etched on both of our faces now.

"There might be one more thing you can do." (J)

"Name it and I'll do it in a heartbeat Jeanie." (Em)

"Call Kate and see if she could come down tonight and watch Gemma. Rose and Edward are going hunting, and we need some time alone for the night." (J)

"Even if you pass out in just a bit babe?" (Em)

"I was thinking more along the lines of you just holding me in your arms all night so that I could recover as quickly and smoothly as possible. Get your heard out of the gutter love." (J)

"Mmmmm, holding you in my arms all night, my favorite kind of night." (Em)

I rolled my eyes some as he wiggled his eyebrows at me before laughing in his loud and echoing laugh. He swung me up into his arms bridal style before carrying me out to the living room and placing me gently down on the couch. He kissed me once more before pulling out his cell phone and calling Kate as I got ready for what I was about to do. I snapped my fingers and took my genie form before sitting criss-cross on the couch.

I heard Emmett come back in before sitting across from me on the loveseat, a smile on his smile as he looked at his own name above my heart. I couldn't help the eye roll as he was so easily pleased sometimes, but my smile was genuine as he told me Kate would be here in an hour or two. I was excited to see her, not having seen her a in few months but she had been busy with her new mate Garrett. I could only hope she would stick around a few days or at least until tomorrow so we could hang out and chat. I was still smiling as I took another deep breath and looked to Emmett. 

"Ready?" (J)

"As I'll ever be I suppose." (Em)

I closed my eyes as I held my palms face up on my knees and took a deep breath before I summoned every once of magic I could from my body and soul. I could feel the energy swirl around me like the wind of a tornado or the flames of a bonfire. It was familiar and comforting as I began to channel it as best as I could.

"I am a whisper on the wind, I am the laugh within the mischief, I am the fulfiller of wishes, I am the prisoner of the lamp.
My family is threatened by dark sources so in this moment now I protect this house, this land, this family. Great Genies above help me place my magic around all that live here and defend them against the evil being's forces." (J)

Emmett's POV:

I watched as the blue cloud for lack of a better word was joined by a line of gold that seemed to mix into it before it shot out from around her in a perfect circle. It seemed to also shoot through me and I was jolted back into my seat by the force but it wasn't painful. Rather it was warm and comforting, like having her in my arms. I saw it go outside and to the border of the yard as it seemed to form a dome over the house before it started to fade and disappear from view.

Then my attention was back on Jeanie as she started to sway in her position on the couch before I heard her mumble something else that sounded like straight gibberish to me. I had her in my arms as soon as I saw her body go limp and start falling towards the floor. I laid her down on the couch gently, noticing she stayed in her genie form after passing out, before Seth came rushing down the stairs only to freeze as he saw her on the couch.

"I'll explain later, but better get back up there Seth otherwise Gemma will think you've abandoned them both. Don't worry, she was just supernatural proofing everything that she could." (Em)

I watched in amusement as the poor pup nodded before he looked panicked for a moment and turned and rushed back the stairs and to Gemma and his imprint or pearl or whatever they decide to call each other as mates. I looked back down at my own beautiful, blue-skinned, passed out mate on the sofa as I shook my head. I don't think I'll ever be able to relax when she uses magic to the extreme it wears her out, but damn if my mate isn't extraordinary and so incredibly sexy.