Chapter 37

Maddy's POV:

When the black soulless smoke finally cleared, I saw I was on the backporch of the Cullen's main house. I didn't feel any relief at this though as Witanicawas standing in front of me with as evil a grin as I'd ever seen her wear. Shehad let go of me and I felt myself back away from before my back hit the sideof the house and I could only hope that Jeanie was still home.

"I was going to be decent and do this to you inside, but Jeanie it seems hasmade the house supernatural proof unless you live there. Oh well, on to thepain, shall we? I am in a bit of a hurry after all." (Wit)

I was already starting to shake with fear as she threw water on me and I felt asilent scream leave my mouth as I fell to my knees and started to changeagainst my will. I was laying on the ground, silent screams leaving my mouth asI was too dry to change with any level of comfort, all while she cackled. A fewmoments later and I was laying on the porch in my t-shirt and my tail withtears in my eyes. She looked at what looked like a watch before shaking herhead with another evil smile on her face.

"That was nice, but since Jeanie isn't here right now to get me the rest of mypain, I will have to do it the old-fashioned way I'm afraid. So sorry aboutthis dear, you'll only feel a slight pinch I'm sure." (Wit)

I wasn't sure what she meant for a moment before she made my shirt disappearalong with my bra. I felt a silent scream for help leave my mouth as I saw hercoming towards me with fish skinners. I tried to drag myself away from her, butI had nowhere I could go as I was backed up against the porch railing.

She waved her hand for a moment and my own hands were tied to the railings oneither side of me as she stepped closer to me. I flipped my tail at her beforeshe laughed again and waved her hand again and I found myself unable to move mytail at all. My fear spiked as I felt her grab a few scales on my stomach inthe skinners before she ripped them out.

I felt a silent scream leave my mouth as my stomach started bleeding where thescales had been ripped away. She went back for a second time, this time on mytail, as my tears and screams continued. She laughed after she ripped outanother batch before glancing at the watch on her wrist again, and I figured ithad to be something measuring the amount of pain I had given her.

She grinned again before going back a third time in the same area on my tail asthe first, grabbing as many scales as she could in the device before a loud snapstopped her from ripping them out just yet. I looked up to see Jeanie a fewfeet away from us a look of pure rage on her face as she looked at us.

"WITANICA!" (J)

"Ah there you are Jeanie dear, we were just waiting for you. I'll be with youin just a moment." (Wit)

I felt her rip the scales that she was holding off my tail as another screamleft my mouth though there was no one that could hear it. I felt tears fallingdown my face as I looked up to see Jeanie angrier than I'd ever seen her. Shewas now in her true form with her eyes glowing bright blue as she stared atWitanica, a gold and blue mist forming around Jeanie.

"This was not in the deal that she signed. This is a personal attack on her,and I will report it to the Witch's council." (J)

"Ah you'll see that there is not much that even the high council can do to darkwitches unless the exact laws have been broken and no law has been broken hereI can assure you because we have a contract. As I'm sure the dear High WhiteWitch Wilhemina will tell you." (Wit)

I watched through my tears as Jeanie lunged for Witinaca, but not before shehad time to rip more scales from my tail and disappear the echo of her cacklewringing through the trees around us. I heard Jeanie take a deep breath beforeshe snapped her fingers and we were inside the house. She looked down at mytail as did I, and we both saw the long streak of missing scales there were nowbleeding on my tail as well as the trail of blood that was coming from themissing scales on my stomach.

"I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner, I didn't even know until Alice had avision of Witanica trying to get into the house a few moment ago. I know thishurts like hell, but are you ready to get legs back so we can see the realdamage?" (J)

I wanted to say no, but I knew that she wouldn't be able to heal me as well inthis form compared to my human form. I felt another silent sob leave my body asI nodded and let her start the transformation back. She had a shirt and braappear on me but I wouldn't have cared if she hadn't with pain rocketingthrough me like fire. I felt silent screams leave my body as my legs reformed.It wasn't until I was lying on the floor with my legs that I could reopen myeyes.

A snap of Jeanie's fingers and my jeans were replaced with a pair of shorts andI saw the damage that had been done. I now had a giant streak of missing skinthat seemed to go for several layers, on my left leg from the middle of my calfto the bottom of my thigh. I saw Jeanie grimace at the sight, blood nowdripping down on the cool hardwood floors.

I heard her mutter something about calling Carlisle to help her, beforesomething else got my attention. My heart skipped a beat as I heard his voiceand his footsteps running towards the house. I saw Jeanie look to me beforelooking out the window and then shaking her head confirming it was who Ithought it was, before looking back at me.

"Oh great shitting camels just what we need right now. Do you want me to lethim in or send him away for now?" (J)

Before I could even think of an answer to give her we watched as he burstthrough the front door without knocking or even a hello, a look of panic on hisface before he froze when he looked at us. Jeanie nodded in a short greetingbefore snapping her fingers and appearing in her more human appearance beforehe turned to look at me. I saw his eyes lock on mine first and then move slowlydown to my leg that was still bleeding and throbbing in pain as more tears fellfrom my eyes.