Chapter 36

Seth's POV:

I smiled as the door opened in front of me, my smile barely fading as I saw it was Jeanie at the door and not Maddy. I watched as she laughed a bit and rolled her eyes before she glanced over her shoulder and shouted to Maddy that I was here. She turned back and stared at me a bit before looking over my shoulder seeing my bike behind me instead of my truck.

"The bike Seth? Really? Hmmmm you better have brought a second helmet for her." (J)

"I did see look!" (S)

I felt my nerves growing as I realized that Jeanie was filling the roll of a parent for Maddy, but somehow she seemed more intimidating that any parent I could think of. Perhaps it was only because I knew what she could do with a literal snap of her fingers that made me so nervous. She stared at me for a few more minutes before she shook her head and smiled again.

"Relax Seth, as long as she has fun and you don't hurt her you're perfectly safe. Now of course if you do hurt her or something happens well.....then your tail is mine." (J)

"Understood Jeanie. I promise I'll be careful, keep her safe, and have her home by 7." (S)

"Good. Ah there you are Maddy. Have fun today kids." (J)

I barely heard her goodbye as I watched Maddy walk out of the house. She was wearing a teal t-shirt that seemed to make her green hair pop some and matched her eyes perfectly. She had a few shells braided into her hair as she always seemed to have, and was wearing dark colored jeans. I saw her smile at me before my eyes were turned to the brown and blue tattoos that went down both arms and up to her shoulders underneath her shirt. I saw her tense some as she caught me staring and I saw her reach for her notebook before I stopped her by taking her hand in my own.

"Your tattoos are beautiful Maddy. Have any more?" (S)

I watched with a triumphant smirk as she blushed some before nodding yes to my question. I had the greatest desire to ask her if I could see before I realized that Jeanie was probably still watching us through the window behind us right now. I gently took Maddy's arm in my own and walked her over to the bike, seeing her raise an eyebrow at it before looking back at me.

"I thought you might like a bike ride today. I got you a helmet and everything." (S)

I watched with a growing worry in my gut that she wouldn't like my idea meaning that the date was already off to a rough start. My worry disappeared almost immediately though as she flung her arms around my neck and nodded before leaning away from me some. I knew she was laughing even though she didn't make a sound before she looked up at me and surprised me even further by kissing me. I was left with a shocked happy expression frozen on my face as my imprint was already putting the helmet on her head and climbing on the bike.

"Well......alright then. Remind to bring the bike around more often if you're going to react like that. Better hold on tight princess." (S)

I felt my smile grow as my imprint's hands wrapped around my chest as I kicked the bike to life. She was as close to me as she could be on the bike and I made a mental note to thank Jake for this suggestion later. I wished for a moment I had planned a date farther away so that I would have more time with my imprint clinging to me as tightly as she was, but for now I would enjoy the short ride to La Push Beach with my imprint.

Maddy's POV:

I had been more than excited to ride behind Sethon the bike, as it was something I had only seen others do before. I also knewthat it would provide me with the chance to be as close to Seth as possible. Theride to La Push was too short but I enjoyed every minute of it. The wind whippingthrough my hair at such a speed felt like being in a whirlpool in the ocean,and it was made all the better by having my pearl there with me.

I had been a bit worried when he said he planned a long walk on the beachbefore going out to his favorite dinner for milkshakes. But as soon as I sawthe worry grow in his eyes as it had earlier I leaned in and planted anotherkiss on his lips, thanking every mermaid who had ever come before me for mypearl. The smile that lit up his face and the twinkle in his eyes was the bestthing that I had ever seen in all my years and it was something I wanted to seeevery day for the rest of my existence.

I was now walking next to Seth along the beach, making sure I did not come indanger of having a wave wash over my feet, while also wondering why he was sonervous today. My entire focus was on him and the waves that drew us as wewalked along the sand hand in hand, before my attention was drawn elsewhere asI saw her appear next to me. I heard her cackle and felt the blood in my veinsseem to freeze, and for once the wind that rushed past me seemed to chill me ina way I had never experienced.

She had no reason to come to me, as my deal had no time limit, so why was shehere? I knew Seth must have recognized the danger that her aura filled the airwith and before I had any chance to write anything to him about her, he pulled mebehind him as Witanica grinned at us both as her black eyes seem to shine evenin the full light of the day. Her black hair was flying around her head as theocean breeze seemed to blow at us harder than ever.

"Who are you?!?" (Seth)

"Oh well he is protective of you isn't he? Already off to a much better startthan the last one that made a similar deal than you, aren't you? But my dear we did have a deal andunfortunately, I need some more from you on your end. So, come along." (Wit)

I was ready to cling to Seth's arm for dear life but with a swirl of her hand Iwas pulled away from him and his protective grasp, and wrapped instead in acold harsh grasp of Witanica's. I heard Seth shout my name before I was swallowedby black mist, as the cold metallic like magic she had rushed through me and snatchedme away from my pearl.