Its Over

RJ's POV:

As I had just finished cutting slices of an apple up for Riley I heard somebody kicking in the door. "Oh Shit" I yelled, it was police. They rammed in and slammed me to the floor as I attempted to run. Dequan ran down the stairs yelling and stopped in his tracks when 1 of the officers pointed a gun at him. "Freeze", the officer said. "Alright, Alright", Dequan said as Riley ran over to him and hugged him tightly. He picked her up and stood there shocked. As the officers picked me up after placing me in handcuffs, before they took me out I told Dequan "You have to be the man of the house now, You take care of my girl Riley, nothin else matters now", as I finished saying that to him, I saw a tear come down his face. I then said "Wipe yo Tears bruh, it's alright", as the police walked me out and put me in the back of the police car.
——-___—————___———-
Dequan's POV:

I had to step up now. RJ was sentenced 15 years for 2nd degree murder. He wrote a few letters to me over the course of what now had been 3 months since he was gone. Ja'Leah and everybody else knew. I begged for Ja'Leah to let me have joint custody of Riley as I felt I needed to do that for my brother and myself. I felt more of a man being able to take care of somebody besides myself, especially a child. Plus me and Riley had a good Uncle and Niece relationship. I was now living better and taking this music shit way more seriously then before. Lil C would often come over and visit too. We were the best uncles in the world, lol. Everything was cool and Ja'Leah agreed it was best for Riley. Riley felt as if I was still an extension of her dad since he wasn't physically here at the house and locked away. Ja'Leah and Rucci were flourishing and their relationship too. RJ being away forced him to reflect on his decisions and actions. He soon came to realize Ja'Leah was better off without him and he left them alone. He wrote one last letter to her apologizing for everything and how he still loved her because she gave him his first child. Ja'Leah wrote him back to be nice and accepted his apology and wished him well for the best. Rucci and Ja'Leah was planning for their wedding which was in a few months. Perico and Kaleah were still being the best grandparents in the world and Jason was almost done with the tour life. Life was moving in a complete 360 for all of us. The whole family.