⚜Chapter 9⚜

Reigning Pain in New Orleans

❇❇❇❇

Even Hell cannot contain the fire in her veins.

❇❇❇❇

The morning sun peeked through the balcony as the gentle wind caused the curtains to ruffle in making the wind chime create a  symphonic rhythm. 

Elijah slept holding his mate as she caressed his face with her fingertips, waiting for him to wake up. She watched him with love-filled eyes and planted light pecks on his forehead that was just below her collar-bone.

"I don't wanna get up from this bed." He groaned lightly, his husky voice creating vibrations on her skin which caused a shiver to run down her spine. He smiled knowing the effect he had on her. 

He rose up and trapped her between his arms before dipping his head low to kiss her full lips. He kissed her ever so slowly as she lightly bit down on his lower lip and clutched his neck tightly. He balanced himself with one hand and gripped her waist with another.

"If you continue like this, we might never get up, my love." Isabelle smiled wiggling out from his grip as her back was now against the headboard and his face was snuggling in her torso while he had his hands locked around her waist.

"Whoever said we had to?" He smirked, his eyes getting a mischievous glint as he gently removed the camisole and left warm kisses on her belly. 

Isabelle moaned in anticipation as her hands clutched at his hair while he went down on her. She bit her lip to keep her voice as low as possible, knowing that the compound had much thinner walls.

Later, Isabelle took care of a few of her business things while Elijah showered. He soon came out in a towel while he applied some hair cream in front of the mirror of their closet. 

Hearing him come out, she entered the closet which had a door to the bathroom. She stopped at the door to check him out to which he smirked.

He walked towards her and her gaze leered on his muscular chest and torso. She rose on her toes and kissed his cheek and dragged her index finger all the way from his chest to the lining of the towel. His neutral expressions wavered as he pulled her body closer to himself.

"You know what you do to me, right?" He murmured looking into her eyes as he tucked a hair strand behind her ear making her lean into his touch and nod.

"I am very well aware, my darling." She replied before she gave him a light peck and rushed inside the washroom giggling. Elijah shook his head and smiled at her antics. She was simply one of a kind. 

⚜⚜⚜

Dressed in a baby blue floral summer dress, Isabelle made her way to Rousseau's. She was not in the mood for an early morning drink but however, she did wish to meet the vampire who would be doing so. Her eyes searched the almost empty place to find him sitting by the window at the far end.

She sighed before she stalked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He glared at her with anger, "What the hell do you want now?" He snapped as she came to sit in front of him. 

"I want you to talk to me." Isabelle coaxed as he continued to glare.

"I don't have anything to say to you." He grumbled pouring himself another drink, "You betrayed me."