000 | EXTENDED SUMMARY

EXTENDED SUMMARY

HAVEN WOODS THOUGHT she would follow her mother's footsteps into the medical field. to become a successful surgeon. although she never had a close relationship with her mother, she knew her mom loved her and only wanted the best for her.

haven had always looked up to her. she admired how hard working and passionate her mother had for her career. she knew she wanted to be a surgeon the day her mom told her a bedtime story about how she got to save someone's life. haven was entirely fascinated with the way she described the situation. but like all good things, they come to an end.

just when haven was nine years old, her father and mother went out one night, leaving haven with a babysitter. on their way home, with her dad driving while intoxicated, their parents were involved in a car accident. this left her mother dead as well as four other people who were involved in the crash. because her father was intoxicated and wasn't killed in the crash, he was charged with manslaughter and sent to prison.

with no one else around to take care of haven, she became a ward of the state and thrown into the foster system. she was bumped from foster home to foster home as well as juvenile detention a few times.

in some foster homes, she had been abused mentally and physically. as she got older, this caused her to not trust that anything is permanent and protect herself. she held a hard exterior and kept everything buried. she knew she was better off on her own and to not let anyone get too close to her.

her social worker, jason quinn, comes across a family of two who lives a few towns over called beacon hills. knowing a fresh start in a few place would be better for haven, he then goes and places her with a woman named melissa mccall and her son, scott mccall.

scott and his buddy, stiles stilinski, immediately look after haven and try all they can to show her they care. but haven doesn't trust it and tries to stay far away from them as possible.

that is until she comes across a broody beta werewolf known as derek hale. the broken down foster girl and dark werewolf form a bond that no one can explain. she begins to trust him more than she wanted to and even begins to form feelings for him.

and then she gets sucked into the world of supernatural and realizes maybe falling for derek hale was a mistake.

WARNINGS

while reading, please be aware that there will be mentions and scenes of abuse. forms of anxiety and depression, sexual content, harsh and vulgar language, violence and explicit scenes will be included in the story. if you are sensitive to any of the following, please be cautious when reading. i will leaving a warning note in the beginning of a chapter to prepare you all in case so bear with me please.

COPYRIGHTS

i do not own teen wolf or any characters from teen wolf. i only own the characters haven, jason, and denise. all rights go to the writers and creators of teen wolf for the use of their characters and SOME scenes that i will include in this story. this is ALSO inspired by the fosters, so some of the chapters and scenes will be very similar to some in the show. i own this story plot so please do not steal or copy, if you do, you will be reported.

AUTHOR NOTE

before i go on any further, i might as well make this note now: this story will NOT directly follow teen wolf. i will be be making slight changes to make some scenes and episodes fit with my story. any comments on chapters saying this scene or episode isn't in the same as the show, i will delete your comment. i will be making the changes so it follows this plot. i am well aware what happens in the show—please do not try and correct it when i alter things to fit with the story. ALSO, this story will mainly follow haven and derek and revolve around their relationship, not the entire teen wolf plot.

CHAPTER NOTES

some chapters will switch between POVs. one chapter will be my character and the next will be derek. it will not always switch each chapter so pay attention carefully.

STATUS

published—7 april 2020
completed—1 december 2020