41

CHAPTER FORTY ONE

SCREAMS OF AGONY and excruciating pain continued to pour from the chained up beta. a harsh gasp left derek's dry throat as the painful electricity stopped, his head hanging low as he avoided kate's stare.

she chuckled, heading toward the door. "if you think this is bad, just wait until you meet my friend."

a large, muscular man emerged into sight, a hard expression on his face as he cracked his knuckles. derek gulped, unable to take anymore physical pain. the wounds he had were already nearly healed. he couldn't take anymore. the only thing he wanted, the only thing he needed, was haven.

knowing there was nothing else he could do, he closed his eyes as he prepared himself for the beating he was about to get. 

he growled, squeezing his eyes shut as pain erupted in his stomach as the fist that collide with his body. his jaw clenched, trying to conceal the yells of pain that desperately wanted to leave his mouth. but there was something that kept him going. someone who was on their way.

•••

"haven," scott whispered, shaking the sleeping girl gently to wake her. "haven, wake up. it's derek."

she hummed, opening her eyes to see it's still night outside. the clock on her nightstand read midnight and she rolled over to look at scott. she saw him fully dressed, giving him a confused look.

"w–what's going on?" she asked him, rubbing her tired eyes.

"it's derek. something happened, so stiles and i are going to get him. i'll tell you the plan after, just get dressed." he told her, giving her a reassuring smile before leaving her room.

haven sat there for a few moments, scott's words a echoing in her head for a few moments. she immediately thought of derek, wondering if he was okay. she may be pissed at him, but that didn't mean she wouldn't help him.

she quickly changed into jeans and a hoodie, slipping on socks and shoes before rushing out of her bedroom. she tied her hair into a messy pony tail as she made her way to stiles's jeep that was parked in the driveway.

scott was sitting in the passengers seat while stiles sat in the drivers and haven in the back. stiles glanced at the two of them before quickly pulling out of the driveway.

"okay, this is the plan..."

•••

"how fun was that?" kate sneered mockingly, a smirk dancing back onto her face as the muscular man exited the basement.

"you can torture me all you want." derek hissed, glaring down at her.

"i don't want to torture you. you're the one that made it difficult." she chuckled, stepping closer to him. "don't you remember all the fun we had together?"

"like the time you burned my entire family alive?" he growled through gritted teeth, feeling his incisors grow into his sharp fangs.

"i was referring to all the hot, crazy sex we had." she chuckled, glancing down at his mouth for a moment. "but the fire was fun too."

he let out a growl, baring his fangs as jerked himself forward to attack her but was a few mere centimeters offs. she snickered, a large grin pulling onto her face.

"i love how much you hate me." she said, letting out a breath as she bent her knees, looking up at him dangerously through her eyelashes. "don't you remember how this felt?"

she then glided her tongue above the band of his jeans on his skin, licking upwards of his abdomen and chest, her lips curling into a smirk as she pulled away from him, seeing the hatred filling his face.

"haven doesn't know about us, does she?" she taunted, cocking her head to the side. "i don't blame you for not telling her. i mean, how would you explain that you fell in love with a hot werewolf hunter who ended up burning your family alive?"

derek clenched his jaw, trying to hold in the emotions he was feeling. he looked away from kate, anger coiling in his stomach and burning his veins as she chuckled, shaking her head.

"but now you're in love with a girl, who had no knowledge of the supernatural world, and got her sucked in because you wanted to be selfish." she spoke, tilting her head as she looked up to pretend to be in though for a moment.

"stop." he whispered, closing his eyes shut as he tried to control himself.

"oh, what's matter babe? i'm right, aren't i? you know with her being involved with you is only putting her at jeopardy. you know it and yet, you're selfish enough to keep yourself in her life." she continued on with her taunts, knowing she was hitting chords within derek.

"i said stop!" he growled, flashing his eyes at her.

she chuckled, licking her thin lips as she spun on her heel to look at him. she flipped her wavy hair in the process, crossing her arms over her chest.

"or maybe since she is scott's sister, you're just using her to get close to scott to figure out who the alpha is," she declared her thought, knitting her eyebrows together as her index finger rested on her chin. "and you just don't really care for the girl."

"you don't know what the hell you are talking about, kate!" he seethed, glaring at her as he began tugging on his restraints again.

"one of those theories are right. i can feel it. i can see it in your eyes. c'mon derek, give me something!" she looked at him, giving him yet another wicked grin.

"stop! leave her out of this!" he gave her a threatening tone, dropping his head lightly but kept his strong gaze on her. "i love her."

kate heard him, making her raised her eyebrows but decided to push him to the breaking point. she was almost there. he was ready to break any moment.

"i'm sorry, what was that? did you say you love her?" she questioned, the smirk on her face growing wider. "do you love her derek?"

"just stop torturing me!" derek roared, causing her to flinch back slightly and give him a shocked look which she quickly masked.

"i wanna test a theory." she said, walking back over to the electrical box and giving him a smirk as she placed her hand on the dial.

"tell me derek, do you think haven feels this pain?"