11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

THE BEAMING RAYS of the sun had woken haven up. she was expecting derek to be by her side. but he wasn't and felt slightly hurt. she shook it off and the frown on her face was replaced with a wide smile as she saw a folded up piece of paper on her night stand.

she unfolded it and saw derek's messy handwriting, telling her to meet him at their spot around noon. she glanced at her phone and saw she had two hours until she had to meet derek.

she placed the note under her pillow before leaving her room, walking down the stairs. she stepped into the kitchen and saw melissa sitting in her nurse scrubs, eating a quick breakfast while scrolling through her phone.

"good morning honey. scott left already with stiles so you have the house to yourself. i won't be home until later this evening." melissa told her, giving her a warm smile.

haven nodded rummaging through the refrigerator. "i was actually gonna meet up with a friend in a few hours."

"and who's this friend? a boy?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"maybe." haven said, biting down on her bottom lip to contain the smile wanting to curl onto her face. "he's only a friend though."

haven didn't know where her or derek stood now. it didn't bother her not knowing what they were. what did bother her to the slightest bit was the fact she didn't know if it meant anything to him like it did to her.

she could still feel the tingling feeling that his lips left on hers. she could feel the sparks that followed after leaving his kisses on her neck. her guard was crumbling down completely for him and she loved it.

this made her wonder why it seemed to be so easy to be around derek. so easy to trust him and feel comfortable around him. she never felt like this before and although it scared her greatly, it made her feel at ease with him.

"you sure he's just a friend?" melissa asked, raising her eyebrows.

"yes, i promise." haven chuckled as she made a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

but she knew deep down, she hoped they could be more than friends. to her, he was absolutely charming and although intimidating but rather kind. and it didn't help with how disgustingly attractive he was. he was the perfect eye candy.

"is he cute?" melissa had to ask and a huge smile took over her face as she saw redness creep shyly onto haven's cheeks.

"well i gotta get to work. i'll be home for dinner, just not sure when scott will be home."

haven nodded and say goodbye before she was left alone for the next two hours until she has to go meet derek. she would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous. all she could think about was the kiss they shared last night and seeing him soon made her fill with anxiety.

•••

scott and stiles stood off to the side in the front of the hale house as they watched police officers search the area. their attention turned to an officer who pulled out a hand cuffed derek from the house.

a harsh glare settled onto derek's face as he stared at the two teens. all derek tried doing was hell scott with this new and sudden change. now here he was, being arrested for a murder he didn't commit because scott was too blind to see it himself. too naive. all because he didn't want to accept what happened to him and deal with it.

derek was then pushed into the back of one police car, keeping the intense look on his face as he stared at scott and stiles.

stiles looked around before sneaking up to the police car, ignoring scott's calls for him as he climbed into the passenger seat. he looked around for a moment before facing derek.

"okay, just so you know, i'm not afraid of you." stiles began and when derek flickered his eyes up stare at him, stiles gulped and leaned back slightly. "okay maybe i am. doesn't matter. i just wanna know something."

stiles looked around outside making sure he didn't get caught before continuing. "the girl you killed–she was a werewolf. she was a different kind wasn't she? i mean, she can turn herself into an actual wolf and i know scott can't do that. is that why you killed her?"

"why are you so worried about me when it's your friend who's the problem? when he shifts on the field, what do you think they're gonna do? just keep cheering him on?" derek paused as he leaned forward, letting out a huff. "i can't stop him from playing but you can. and trust me, you want to."

stiles eyes slightly widened as derek's voice grew deeper in a threatening manner. they stared at each other until stiles was abruptly grabbed by the collar of his jacket and dragged out of the car by the sheriff, who happened to be his father.

his father dragged him a few feet away from the car before coming to a half, "there stand. what the hell do you think you're doing?"

"i was just trying to help!" stiles defended, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"uh huh, okay well, how about you help me understand exactly how you came across this." the sheriff demanded, crossing his arms over his chest.

stiles huffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance, "we were looking for scott's inhaler."

"which he dropped when?"

"the other night." stiles spoke in an obvious manner, not catching on to the fact he was blowing his cover from a few nights ago.

"the other night when you were out here looking for the first half of the body and scott was at home?" the sheriff questioned, cocking an eyebrow at his son.

"yes." stiles nodded before his eyes widened. "no! oh crap."

"so you lied to me?"

"that depends on how you define lying." stiles chuckled nervously, scrunching his face.

"well, i define it as not telling the truth. how do you define it?" his father asked, tilting his head.

"by reclining your body in a horizontal position?" stiles stared at him as his father glared down at him.

"get the hell out of here."

derek looked away after listening in to their conversation and rolled his eyes. when haven crossed his mind, his heart stopped and began to feel guilty and annoyed. he was supposed to be meeting her soon and she had no idea what was going on.

he leaned his head back, letting out an aggravated growl as scott ruined yet another thing for him. he hoped and prayed to god that haven wouldn't hear about his arrest. if she did, there was no way to explain why scott and stiles would do this. and he couldn't tell her the truth of what he is.