49

CHAPTER FORTY NINE

A HARSH GLARE rested on haven's face as she marched down to the field, passing stiles and scott on the way. stiles pulled his eyebrows together in confusion at her sudden behavior. scott, however, could smell the intense anger and frustration radiating from her which also confused him. but the gut feeling in his stomach told him to go after her, which he did.

"haven!" scott called, only to be ignored by her as she stood on the sidelines, seaching for jackson. right as she caught sight of him, she went go to storm over to him when scott grabbed her and pulled her back. "haven! what's going on? why are you angry?"

"because derek gave jackson the god damn bite!" she growled, letting out a huff as she crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at her best friend on the field. "and i'm even more angry because jackson wanted it!"

haven wasn't so sure why she was this angry. she wasn't so sure who she was even angry with. she didn't know if she was angry with derek, or jackson, or both of them. maybe it was the fact that jackson was her best friend and she didn't want to lose that to the supernatural world. or maybe it was the fact derek probably allowed his jealousy toward their close friendship to push him to bite jackson, knowing you will always be a target in this type of world. whichever it was, she didn't care. she was pissed and wanted to scream at jackson.

"woah, wait, hold up!" stiles stared at haven and scott in shock, stealing a glance at jackson on the field as the lacrosse team began their last practice before break. "why would derek turn jackson?"

"that's what i'm going to find out because i am livid." she huffed, rolling her eyes as she turned to step onto the field only to be held back by scott again. "scott, let me go before i kick your ass too!" he chuckled at her, pulling her to his left side so she couldn't try to escape onto the field again. she crossed her arms over her chest, puffing her cheeks out angrily like a child when they don't get their way.

scott turned to face haven, "how do you know derek gave jackson the bite?"

"derek told me last night when he was over." she told him, her eyes then widening in realization as she gave away something her and derek have kept hidden the past couple months. her nose scrunched up as scott and stiles narrowed their gaze on her, scott raising his eyebrows suspiciously. "ah crap."

"he was over last night? like, you mean, at our house?!" scott nearly freaked out, growing annoyed that derek had still been coming over and even more annoyed haven didn't trust him enough to tell him. "you guys are still together? i thought you were gonna end things with him like you told me the other day!"

haven awkwardly scratched the back of her neck, scrunching her face again before letting out a groan as scott waited for a response from her. "okay look, derek and i talked after everything happened. he's someone i don't want to lose, scott."

"look at what he's done! he killed peter and ruined my chance of being normal and being with allison! he also gave jackson the bite which could kill him!" scott exclaimed, staring at her seriously as he listed the things derek has done. he could keep going on his distaste toward the newly alpha but decided against it.

"well... when you put it that way." she mumbled, letting out a sigh as she took a seat on the bench on the sidelines. her shoulders dropped in defeat, feeling conflicted on what to do.