27

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

DEREK HELD HAVEN close and tight against him, her face buried in his neck as she slept peacefully. after their talk at the hale house, they went back to the cliff side and got to know more about one another.

then she had to be home for dinner and derek promised to come over after everyone had went to sleep. so now here he was, holding her in his arms while she slept like he wanted to do many of times.

his eyelids soon grew heavy with tiredness but he became alert when her heart raced in her chest and she began stirring slightly. she scrunched her face and her hands her unconsciously clutched onto his shirt.

he then realized she want more than likely experiencing a nightmare. he tightening an arm around her, he brought one hand up to stroke her hair calmingly, hoping to ease her.

she tensed slightly before relaxing, a heavy breath leaving her nose. she lazily draped an arm over his torso, moving her head to rest on the end of his chest.

he looked down at her, the soft moonlight shining through the window and illuminating her face. he studied her gentle features, taking notice of how beautiful she is. he's always in complete bliss and security whenever with her.

his eyes scanned her face, studying the way her long dark eyelashes rested on her high cheekbones. he studied the way her porcelain skin glowed softly from the moonlight, casting a shadow on the side of her face that was resting on his chest. her light pink lips were slightly parted, seeming irresistible and inviting to him.

a sigh left his mouth, bringing his thumb to caressed her cheek softly. he left a lingering kiss on her forehead, then bringing his hand to rest on the back of her shoulder blade. he leaned his head down, his own cheek resting on the top of her head as he closed his eyes, soon falling asleep.

the next morning, haven woke up to derek still fast asleep beside her. she smiled to herself lightly, leaning on her side to look at him.

she used her fingers to brush through his slightly messy hair, enjoying the feeling of his soft locks. his mouth twitched the slightest bit as he slowly woke up, his eyes fluttering open and looking down at her.

"you're such a dork." he spoke and let out a raspy chuckle once seeing the wide grin take over her face.

she scrunched her nose, squinting her eyes at him. "you still never told me the whole story with scott."

he looked up at ceiling, swallowing thickly. "i don't know if i should tell you."

"why not? you honestly think he'll tell me the truth?" she asked, sitting up and turning around to face him.

"because i'm not sure if it's even my place to tell you." he told her, sitting up and leaning on his right hand for support.

he used his left hand to grab one of hers, as he looked into her eyes. she stared back at him, shaking her head. "i need to know why he thinks you're a bad person and why he doesn't want me near you."

"it's because of what i am, haven." he murmured, rubbing her knuckles with his thumb.

"i know that's not the only reason." she said, lifting her head to look up at him.

he tilted his head, raising his eyebrows at her stubbornness. "you're so stubborn."

she smirked causing him to let out a breathy laugh. he placed his hands on the curvatures of her waist, pulling her over to straddle him. her legs rested on both sides of him, her hands resting on his shoulders as she looked into his light green eyes.

"can you handle stubbornness?" she asked, cocking an eyebrows challengingly.

he leaned his lips toward her, making her believe he was going to plant a kiss on her lips. instead, his lips connected with the base of her throat, gaining a slight gasp from her.

"trust me, i can handle more than you think." he mumbled against her skin, littering kisses along her neck and jawline until he reach her lips.

she giggled softly, moving her lips in sync with his. he brought one hand up to rest on the back of her head and the other on her mid back.

she tugged on the ends of his hair gently, earning a quiet groan from him as he deepened the kiss, creating a wave of sparks in her veins. a fire settled deep in his stomach as his wolf jumped around excitedly, melting like putty in her hands.

"any plans for today?" he asked once pulling away, brushing her hair from her face as he looked at her lovingly.

"nope. other than catching up on my school work. why?" she asked him.

"i was thinking we could spend the day together." he said, smirking lightly.

"who says i wanna hang out with you again?" she raised her eyebrow at him.

"i said." he sassed her and she chuckled, rolling her eyes playfully.

"alright. but no funny business, hale." she warned him, climbing off of his lap and heading toward her closet to grab clothes for the day.

he smirked to himself, watching her with shining eyes. "can't promise you that."