10

CHAPTER TEN

HAVEN TOSSED AND turned all night, trying to fall asleep. her mind was in a million of place chasing guilt. she hated herself for the way she walked away from derek.

she couldn't get the way his face looked out of her when she did. he looked upset and defeated. almost like he lost something that already meant so much to him.

out of the short amount of time she knew derek, he was practically the only one who she trusted. but that was soon contrasted from the way scott warned her about him. she didn't know what to do.

she felt a strong pull toward derek, despite scott's words and a strange sense from derek. like he had a huge secret that absolutely no one could know of. her strong walls quickly crumbled when letting derek in. it felt right to her. she just wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do.

a cool breeze hitting her bare legs pulled her from her overwhelming thoughts. she quickly sat up when realizing she had closed her window before getting into bed.

she squinted her eyes as she saw a dark figure standing in the corner. her heart rate increased, fear flooding her before the figure stepped closer and a sigh of relief left her lips.

derek took a seat at the end of her bed, staring at her with a twinkle in his eye. he watched as she crossed her legs, resting her hands in her lap as she kept her head down.

"what're you doing here?" she asked, her voice low as she would've expected him to leave her alone.

"you know, you should really lock your windows at night." he tried cracking a joke but let out a sigh when she kept her head down, sensing the nervousness radiating off of her.

"derek," the way his name rolled off her tongue chased chills down his spine. he fought the primal urge to push his body up against hers, his eyes trailing to her bare shoulder where a side of her shirt fell.

the desire to press his lips to her skin and bite down grew harder each second he let his wandering eyes linger in that spot. his inner wolf pushed him to claim her as his, seeing as it was destined to be.

he had to wait though. he knew it was too soon and his current situation with scott would get in the way and make things worse. for him, it was bad enough she was already living with scott. that made everything more challenging to conceal this secret he had to keep. he couldn't risk scott having an outburst and ruin everything.

"i promise you can trust me, haven." he whispered, inching closer to her.

she could feel his body warmth and she felt her stomach turn with desire. his face was mere centimeters from hers. their breathes fanned across each other's faces, derek brushing his nose against hers.

her breath got caught in her throat, feeling a fire settle in the pit of her belly. she let all thoughts of sleeping fade away as she felt derek's lips brush against hers softly. their breathing grew heavy in anticipation, both of their hearts pounding within their chest walls.

"ah fuck it." he mumbled, pressing his lips to her firmly and capturing her in a tender kiss.

she immediately responded to the kiss, moving her lips against his in a synchronized rhythm. her arms wrapped around the back of his neck as his body hovered over her. he laid her on her back, his torso in between her legs.