33

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

DEREK'S STRONG ARMS wrapped around haven's small frame when she stepped inside the hale house. he buried his face into the crook of her neck, inhaling her sweet scent which made his wolf purr.

"i'm sorry." he mumbled, pulling away to look at her but kept his arms around her.

"don't be. it's fine, i promise." she told him, resting her chin as his chest as she looked up at him.

he dipped his head down and connected his lips with hers, holding her tight against him. when her arms wrapped around the back of his neck, he caught a whiff of jackson's scent and pulled away, giving her a strange look.

"why do you smell like jackson?" he asked, his voice low as a deep growl rumbled from his chest.

"i mean i was with jackson all day during school and he's my friend." she gave him a confused look, taking a step back from him.

his face softened but he couldn't find it in him to be nicer. his blood was slowly boiling but he held a calm look in his face, masking what he was really feeling.

"derek, why are you acting so weird? is everything alright?" she asked, stepping closer to him as she furrowed her eyebrows. "you've been acting kinda off."

he inhaled sharply, his muscles tensing as he backed away and turned so his back was facing her. his jaw was clenched and his hands we balling into fists, the inner wolf inside him growling.

he hated the idea of another guy being close to her – scott and stiles being near her was a different story. but anyone else, that thought along infuriated him greatly. it made him crawl uneasy in his skin as he wanted her to himself and himself only.

"talk to me, derek. what's going on?" she asked, her voice a lot softer this time.

the moment he felt her hand touch the back of his shoulder, he felt sparks electrify his veins and a fire burn in the pit of his stomach. he let out a breath and whipped around, gently gripping the sides of her neck and pushing her up against the wall behind her.

she gasped, her eyes widening slightly before darkening with a burning gaze. desire pulsated within her, enjoying the feeling of him pressed up against her. she craved more of him. needed more of him.

his face was centimeters from hers, his warm lips brushing against her own as his thumbs rubbed along her jawline. she gulped, her heart pounding loudly in her chest.

the sound of her pounding heart was music to his words. he loved the strong effect he had on her. his eyes stared into hers, full of love of lust with a glint of possessiveness.

"the thought of someone else being that close to you just drives me mad. insane. because you're mine." he whispered darkly against her lips, dropping his forehead on hers.

her heart fluttered and she felt butterflies swarm in her stomach at his words. she loved the way he claimed her as his. calling her his and no one else's. she fell into a state of peace and security. she knew she would always be safe with him, despite the current situation roaming around.

"i'm all yours," she breathed out, leaning her head against the wall to get a better look at him.

but he was quick in his movements from the way he swooped his head down and crashed his lips onto hers. her knees nearly buckled at the sensation of the kiss, her body heating up as a blazing fire settled into the pit of her stomach.

her arms wrapped around the back of his neck, holding him close against her as she deepened the kiss. she stood on her toes due to the significant height difference between the two of them.

knowing it was most likely uncomfortable for her, without breaking the kiss derek leaned down and picked her up from the back of her thighs. he turned and sat her down on a dresser in the corner, placing his hands on both sides of her thighs.

he broke the kiss, trailing kisses along her jawline and down to her neck, exploring her skin. he pulled the collar of her shirt to the side, revealing her junction between her neck and shoulder.

he placed his lips on the area, kissing lightly which caused goosebumps to form on her skin. he sucked and nibbled on her skin, creating a small love bite on her skin.

bringing his lips back to hers, he kissed her tenderly for a few seconds, cupping her cheeks within his hands. "you make me crazy."

"is that so?" she whispered, pulling away and looking at him with raised eyebrows and a small smirk on her face.

"mhm." he hummed, tracing her bottom lip with his thumb as his eyes followed his movements. "and it's annoying because i'm meant to be on my own. i'm not supposed to feel for anyone. but here i am, feeling strongly for you."

"it's okay to show your feelings, derek. you're allowed to talk about them. you don't have to hide anymore. especially around me." she murmured, looking into his eyes so he knew she meant every word.

"everyone i get close to either gets hurt or dies because of me. if anything were to happen to you, i would never be able to live with myself." he dropped his head, hiding his face from hers and he closed his eyes.

"derek, look at me," she whispered, waiting a moment for him to lift his head to meet her sincere look. "i'm not going anywhere, i promise. everything's going to be fine."

"you don't know that." he told her, his eyes shining as his bottom lip trembled. "what if something happens to you and i'm not there?!"

"nothing is gonna happen to me! look, i'm safe and okay. i'm right here, nothing is going to happen." she frowned, sadness forming within her eyes.

he sighed, a harsh weight falling onto his shoulders as he tried to believe her words. he wanted them to reassure him but still, he felt on edge. all he could do right now is hold her close and see she safe with him.