34

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

A HARSH GLARE pooled onto haven's features as she was seated in the backseat of derek's car. stiles was in the passengers seat while scott was driving. her patience was slowly running low by the second as the two best friends in front of her continued to yell.

they were currently in a high speed car chase as derek was being hunted by the argents and other hunters. while derek was running on foot into the iron works, the three teens were currently being chased by none the other kate argent.

"if i drive any faster i'll kill us!" scott yelled as stiles continued to yell at him to drive faster.

"and if you don't go any faster, the person in the car behind us will kill us!" stiles yelled back and haven huffed, rolling her eyes as she finally had enough.

"can you two stop acting like girls! you're giving me a damn headache!" she snapped, leaning back against the seat.

the two boys suddenly grew quiet, scott taking a quick glance at an agitated haven. but the silence was soon cut off by noah stilinski's voice over the radio.

"repeat, suspect is on foot. we're in pursuit, heading northwest."

but the teens weren't the only ones who heard. chris argent heard, and spoke to his sister via the radio. however, didn't think much of it. he knew what to do. he wasn't a horrible person, despite his status.

"he's on foot, just ran into the iron works." chris told his sister over the phone.

"wait, wait! did you say on foot?!"

"yeah, into the iron works." chris repeated, standing from the top balcony inside the iron works building with a gun in hand.

"running?" she asked.

"yes running!" chris exclaimed, rolling his eyes.

kate stops talking to him and is beyond confused. she then began muttering to herself, "if he's on foot, then who the hell is driving his car?"

"faster?!" scott asked, glancing at stiles.

"much faster."

the sheriff sent in a few k9's to chase after derek into the iron works. the dogs rushed toward derek, barking loudly causing the hale to turn around and crouch down. derek flashed his eyes, growling at them which made the dogs stop barking and run out of the building.

"what the hell?" noah muttered confused as the dogs ran back over to him.

"scott, i don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase here!" stiles yelled sarcastically, turning to look at him and back at the car behind them.

"if i go faster, i'll kill us!"

"well, if you don't go any faster, they're gonna kill us!" stiles exclaimed.

"all units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works." noah's voice spoke over the radio.

chris begins shooting at derek just as the three teens in the black camaro come speeding inside the building. stiles opens the door and jumps in the back with haven, nearly elbowing her in the face which made her glare at him.

everything seemed to moved in slow motion as bullets continued flying around while derek jumping from his cover spot. he ran to the car, jumping inside the passengers seat and slamming the door shut.

scott hit the accelerator, speeding away from the iron works. he waited a few moments before beginning his outburst at derek.

"what part of laying low don't you understand?!" scott yelled, keeping his eyes on the road.

"damn it, i had him!" derek snapped, slamming his fist down.

"who, the alpha?"

"yes! he was right in front of me then the fricken police showed up!" derek exclaims, letting out a huff as he rolled his eyes.

"whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs." stiles defended, cocking an eyebrow at derek before leaning away as derek dangerously glared at the short haired teen.

"yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!" derek hissed, looking directly as scott.

"can we seriously get passed that?" scott whined, feeling derek's harsh stare. "i made a dumbass mistake, i get it."

"alright, how did you find him?" stiles asked, looking at derek.

derek glanced between scott and stiles before letting out a scoff, shaking his head as he remained silent. haven gave him an odd look but shrugged it off, not finding it in her to care about anything at this point.

"can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" scott asked.

"yeah! both of us." stiles half demanded but sunk back into his seat when derek shifted his position, turning his head to glare at stiles.

"or just them. i'll be back here."

derek huffed, rolling his eyes and looked out the front. "look, the last time i talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. she found two things. the first was a guy named harris."

"our chemistry teacher?" stiles asked, jumping back up between the drivers and passengers seat.

"why him?"

"i don't know yet." derek answered, stealing a quick glance at haven.

"what's the second?" scott asked.

"some kind of symbol." derek pulled out a folded piece of paper from his pocket.

scott's eyes widened when he looked at the symbol on the folded piece of paper. derek looked at the faraway look on scott's face, instantly knowing he knew something about it.

"what? you know what this is?" derek questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"i've seen it on a necklace." scott gulped, looking back onto the road.

everyone stared at him intensely, waiting for him to continue. derek and haven both glanced at each other which didn't go unnoticed by stiles.

"allison's necklace."