14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

IN THE BOYS locker room, stiles had walked in on scott and allison kissing. so he waited until she left before talking to scott about the new information on derek not being the killer.

"the medical examiner looked at the half of the body we found." stiles said, staring at scott with his arms crossed over his chest.

"and?" scott pushed, raising his eyebrows.

"well, i'll keep it simple. the medical examiner determined the killer was animal not human. derek's human, not animal." stiles explained, dropping his hands to dangle by his sides. "derek not killer, derek let outta jail."

"are you kidding?" scott's brown eyes widened in shock, staring at stiles with a look full of hope that this all was some sick joke.

"no, and here's a bigger kick in the ass. my dad identified the dead girl. both half's. her name was laura hale." stiles watched as scot's mouth hung open, shock taking over him.

"hale?!"

"derek's sister."

•••

haven searched everywhere for jackson, not able to find him. he hadn't answer her messages and she was beginning to grow annoyed and concerned. that is until she found him on the field, holding scott's glove in his hand.

she let out a sigh of relief, jogging over to him while being unaware of someone watching her every movement from the far end of the bleachers. that someone being derek.

he held a stone cold expression as she watched her stand with jackson, looking at the lacrosse glove that scott had throw off after the game.

a low growl left his lips as leaned closer to jackson, jealously swarming in his stomach. his eyes stayed glued to haven, only to make sure she was okay and that nothing would happen to her. and to make him feel at ease.

"what's that?" haven asked jackson, staring at the rough material that had claw marks ripped through the finger tip part of the glove.

"scott's glove. trying to figure out why there's marks in it." jackson mumbled, his eyes studying it until he felt a presence watching the two of them.

jackson's looked around for a moment, his eyes stopping on derek's dark figure standing afar from them. his hand closed on haven's wrist protectively, making a smirk grow on derek's face at the gesture.

haven gave him a weird look before turning to see what he was looking at. her eyes widened, recognizing it being derek and her heart pounded in her chest. she inched closer to jackson, getting a strange vibe from the guy she once trusted.

derek could smell the fear mixed in with her calming scent and that irritated him greatly. he blamed scott for all of this. for being arrested, for not being able to see haven earlier, and for her feeling slightly fear of him. he put the entire blame on scott. he didn't know how he would be able to explain himself now. but he was going to figure it out one way or another.

"we should go." haven said, her eyes still staring at derek as she watched him walk away.

jackson nodded, glancing at her before they walked to his car in the school parking lot. they made their way to his black colored porsche, jackson getting in the drivers seat and haven in the passengers.