2

CHAPTER TWO

A VACANT EXPRESSION rested upon derek hale's perfectly sculpted face, angel kissed dimples embedded into his cheeks underneath the slight stubble. he relentlessly chewed on the inside of his cheek, his light green eyes staring up at the bright full moon above him, illuminating his smooth porcelain skin.

his mind darkened with poisonous thoughts, sanity and insanity dueling against one another like it were at war. with his mind running all over the place, a dull shine printed within his eyes and guilt settled into the pit of his stomach as he kept his stare at the night sky.

a slight coolness ran across his face and bare arms, the summer night wind rustling through the trees. he let out a breath, leaning back onto the hood of his black inked Camaro to make himself more comfortable.

he looked down at the town lights from a cliffside, a glint of envy flickering in his eyes. crossed arms sat atop of his broad and sculpted chest, slipping into a corporal fog which seemed to be an out of body experience in which he learned over the years.

his jet black hair sat perfectly spiked up which was soon slightly ruffled when combing his fingers through the soft locks. the sound of crickets rang through his ears but somehow the world around him still seemed full of nothing but silence.

although the moonlight illuminated his face, the light had created a shine in his eyes. but it didn't seem to be a real shine, for which the eyes only allowed to remain naturally dull. he gazed down to the crashing waves below, catching the blurred reflection of the moon.

his stomach twisted angrily as his darkened thoughts continued to spiral in his mind. the harsh guilt settled in the back of his throat, creating a mean lump to which he forced himself to swallow thickly, ignoring the tight feeling.

he felt hallow inside but had been contrasted to the guilt and anger he held for the world in front of him, as well as himself. he know his mind was a dangerous place to fall in to. but he couldn't help from over thinking. after all, he did blame himself for everything that happened to his family.

a sigh left his soft, pink lips as laid back against his windshield and closed his eyelids. he listened carefully to the crickets and crashing waves. the faint and eerie hums of the freeway not far from him somehow encompassing him in a false sense of security and peace.