7

CHAPTER SEVEN

HAVEN CLUTCHED TIGHTLY onto her bag as she stayed close to scott and stiles. she wasn't nervous about starting a new school–she was nervous and confused as to why there weren't any fences or gates securing the school.

"why aren't there any fences or gates?" haven asked, walking between scott and stiles.

stiles looked at her with confusion written all over his face while scott looked at her sympathetically. "it's a school. you gotta at least feel some comfort, right?"

haven let out a huff and a slight nod, stepping inside the school. scott and stiles shower haven her locker, which wasn't far from theirs.

haven then noticed a nervous dark haired girl walking over, looking down at her paper before back up at the locker numbers. she looked stressed and awkward, looking around before punching in her combination. the girl's locker was right next to haven's.

"are you new here?" haven asked, having a feeling of her answer.

"is it that obvious?" the girl nervously laughed, turning to face haven.

haven shrugged, keeping a plain facial expression. "i'm new here too. i know how it feels."

"glad i'm not the only one." she said, a small smile on her defined features. she had dark brown hair and brown eyes, pink full lips and dimples in her cheeks. "i'm allison argent."

"haven woods."

no one seemed to mind or pay attention to the fact that there was not only one new girl but two. haven felt relieved by it until a dirty blond haired boy and a strawberry blonde girl made their way over them.

"i love your jacket, it's a total killer. where'd you get it?" the girl asked haven, a smile taking over her pale face as she leaned against the lockers.

the boy just stood there, his face expressionless as his arm rested lazily around the girls shoulders. he looked as if he didn't have any feelings toward the girl. interesting...

"from a shop in downtown la. nothing fancy." haven told her, shoving her bag into the locker and grabbing the books and schedule she needed.

"la? you moved from la to beacon hills? why the sudden change?" the boy questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

haven tilted her head. "fresh start. my family went through a rough time and we decided to move."

haven knew better than to tell them she was a foster kid. although it did get hard to lie about her story, anything was better than telling them the real reason why she moved. but the boy could see right through her. the way her eyes went dull when answering.

"what about you, second new girl? you have cute taste in fashion too by the looks of your jacket." the girl noticed allison stranding beside haven. "where'd you get it? not in la i hope."

allison shyly looked at her, a small smile on her face. "my mom used to work at a small boutique shop."

"and you two are my new best friends!" the strawberry blonde squinted her eyes as she pointed between haven and allison. "i'm lydia and this is my boyfriend, jackson."